Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings / Hat cleaning questions?

Tone Loki

New in Town
Hello one and all -

I just joined, and I have two pressing inquiries I am hoping you can help with..

1) I have a stingy brimmed panama where the black hat band has got a salt stain from sweat on it.. Any old fashioned potions for removal? I've heard rumour of vinegar and water, but I cant remember the relative parts to use..

2) I have a cream linen newsboy cap that has an ugly pink stain from Lord knows where... Any ideas for removal? Bleach?

I await your insight...

Thanks a lot, TS

fletch31

Familiar Face
Warm water and woolite for the hatband. Toss it in a bowl and massage gently by hand, rinse. The stain on the linen hat I dont know. Depends on the nature of the stain. Same treatment wouldn't hurt linen though as I throw my linen shirts in the washing machine with the rest of my clothes.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I've mentioned this product a couple of times here so I'm startin' to feel like I'm shilling for the stuff..but OxyClean surprised the heck out of me by really working magic on a satin hat liner that hat mystery stains on it.

Mix and soak then rinse. Didn't seem to have any harsh chemicals. Not sure how it does what it does but I was kinda' floored that some infomercial type stuff would work that effectively. I think I picked mine up at WalMart.

G'luck,

Gene

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
I've mentioned this product a couple of times here so I'm startin' to feel like I'm shilling for the stuff..but OxyClean surprised the heck out of me by really working magic on a satin hat liner that hat mystery stains on it.

Mix and soak then rinse. Didn't seem to have any harsh chemicals. Not sure how it does what it does but I was kinda' floored that some infomercial type stuff would work that effectively. I think I picked mine up at WalMart.

G'luck,

Gene

How does it do on the felt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats