Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey Stetson Flagship - 7-1/4ish, near perfect condition

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Won this beauty on eBay for $144 shipped (link here)... but it's too big for me. It is labeled as a 7-1/8, but it's definitely in the 7-1/4 range - the opening measures 7 13/16" length and 6 8/16" width, which according to this calculator puts the circumference around 22.7". It fits about like that on me, so I feel confident calling it a 7-1/4.

Near perfect condition, no moth bites or anything. The only flaws are some smudges on the top of the crown and the former owner's name written inside the lining. Asking $155 shipped - just enough to to get my money back and ship it to you.

Here are the auction pictures -

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

EDIT: Pictures moved to a different server

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
If it is only 1 size too large, put some spacers behind the sweatband & wear that bad boy! A good sweat or 2 may draw it in to fit w/o the spacers. JMHO

Unfortunately, I have found that hats that are too big for me still look too big when I stuff the sweatband. This one's no exception...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Interesting, I was offered this very hat earlier this month by the same ebay seller, I was told it was a 7 1/8. Thought about it but passed on it. Glad I did since it's more of a 7 1/4.

Too bad it's not your size, it's a fine hat.

babs

A-List Customer
Chiliarches said:
Won this beauty on eBay for $144 shipped (link here)... but it's too big for me. It is labeled as a 7-1/8, but it's definitely in the 7-1/4 range - the opening measures 7 13/16" length and 6 8/16" width, which according to this calculator puts the circumference around 22.7". It fits about like that on me, so I feel confident calling it a 7-1/4.

Near perfect condition, no moth bites or anything. The only flaws are some smudges on the top of the crown and the former owner's name written inside the lining. Asking $155 shipped - just enough to to get my money back and ship it to you.

Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh!
Dang it!!! My wife would KILL me and bury me in the back yard.

I'm on the large side of 7 1/4. I need to verify the inches but I'm gonna bet closer to 23.. But centimeters I verified 58 3/4. Guessing I'm really about 1/2 way between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8.

You think I might squeeze into this hat? It's a beaut'!! ... might be the ticket to get that 1st vintage out of the way.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
babs said:
Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh!
Dang it!!! My wife would KILL me and bury me in the back yard.

I'm on the large side of 7 1/4. I need to verify the inches but I'm gonna bet closer to 23.. But centimeters I verified 58 3/4. Guessing I'm really about 1/2 way between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8.

You think I might squeeze into this hat? It's a beaut'!! ... might be the ticket to get that 1st vintage out of the way.

Assuming this is accurate - 58.75 cm puts you at a touch over 23". Unless you plan on stretching it (which often seems to go awry for many people), I'd give it a pass. A $155 experiment seems unwise.

But it's your choice of course. :)

Viper Man

Banned
I am interested and also live in Northern Illinois. I could possibly pick it up, where are you located? Can you place a "hold" on it for me while I check with the boss? :rolleyes:

How much would you charge without shipping?

babs

A-List Customer
Chiliarches said:
Assuming this is accurate - 58.75 cm puts you at a touch over 23". Unless you plan on stretching it (which often seems to go awry for many people), I'd give it a pass. A $155 experiment seems unwise.

But it's your choice of course. :)

The mature disciplined principle of "some hats are meant to go elsewhere, no matter how cool" I guess. Darn it. :)

Edit: Although.. eh if I fudged and used my "snug" measurement of 58 1/2 cm = 23 on the dot inches.. 22.7" would still be snug ontop of snug.. As my tracking number tells me my new-to-me antique stretcher is at the door so we'll see how well I work on my 7 1/4 Miller stingy tonight. It's actually wearable to an extent at measured something like 22 1/2". Such a hat here though justifies a new suit though. ch-ching. :)

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
This is madness! How can a 7 1/4ish Stetson Flagship stay here for THREE days and STILL be available? [huh]

Someone buy this fine hat and wear it till it falls apart, please. ;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
M_Jones said:
This is madness! How can a 7 1/4ish Stetson Flagship stay here for THREE days and STILL be available? [huh]

I gave up attempting to sell things in this section several years ago. For instance...

I did try to hold a little auction here for the best vintage suit I've ever had. Ever. The opening price was $300: only one person showed interest, and he ended up getting it for $301.

Since then, it's only been eBay for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24