Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guiding Light's 70th Anniversary

lindylady

A-List Customer
Hi, Ladies,

I'm at home sick with a cold, so I'm catching up on my soaps. If any of you are near a television, turn to Guiding Light on CBS NOW! The soap is set in the 30s, and the actors are dressed in vintage! Guiding Light is doing this for its 70th anniversary. It's entertaining to watch today's soap stars try their hand at this. If you're watching this, please, let's hear your opinions!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
lindylady said:
Hi, Ladies,

I'm at home sick with a cold, so I'm catching up on my soaps. If any of you are near a television, turn to Guiding Light on CBS NOW! The soap is set in the 30s, and the actors are dressed in vintage! Guiding Light is doing this for its 70th anniversary. It's entertaining to watch today's soap stars try their hand at this. If you're watching this, please, let's hear your opinions!

I used to watch GL regularly back in the 90s, so when I heard about this I made sure to tune in -- I thought it was a very affectionate tribute to the only soap left on the air that has roots that extend back to radio. The radio script the actors performed in the anniversary episode, in fact, was the actual script of the first episode aired back in 1937. Practically everything's changed about the show since then but the name, so it was nice to see that nod to continuity!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Wow, I didn't realize Guiding Light has been around for so long. I'm moving this from the PR to the Moving Picture section since it fits best in that section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot