Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess it's cheap whoring now :rolleyes: The give and get $20 promotion just dropped to $5. The $20 give and get was a bit too much to last. They were paying close to 50% commission on new customers but it was nice while it lasted.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Not sure about those 'naturals'. I can barely keep a pair of work chinos clean for a day, undyed denim would be a nightmare. I take it 'fades' aren't something people are looking for with them...:D Shame the Give $20 scheme has scaled down, it was very generous though - it effectively paid for the import tax!

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
I guess it's cheap whoring now :rolleyes: The give and get $20 promotion just dropped to $5. The $20 give and get was a bit too much to last. They were paying close to 50% commission on new customers but it was nice while it lasted.
The website still says $20. So get your $20 credit here. If it still works for $20 you can get a wallet for the price of shipping.
I am getting anxious for my Black2 jeans. Will be my first pair. Went with slims. Hope I like the fit.
Just have a Natural belt so far. It is looking darker tan now as I put 2 coats of Obenauf lp conditioner on it
Come one Come all.
https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/6029

3_AgedBrownLogoSide.jpg

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess it's only dropped to $5 for some people and not all of us.

Winterland: Any referrals will only get $20 off of their first order if they purchase $80 or more on the order so the wallet won't work for the $20 off deal.

winterland1

Practically Family
I guess it's only dropped to $5 for some people and not all of us.

Winterland: Any referrals will only get $20 off of their first order if they purchase $80 or more on the order so the wallet won't work for the $20 off deal.
A little confusing at first as I thought the same as you. I did use my initial $20 on my $45+$5 shipping Natural belt. As that was the sign up $20. No purchase requirement for that. You only get $20 kick back though when someone you referred spends $80.
From Gustins site.
"Tell your friends about Gustin and receive $20 of store credit for each one that makes a first purchase of $80 or more. Plus, we'll give them $20 off. Everybody wins!"
https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/6029

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Just got an email, my belt is shipping today.got 2 pair of jeans slated for late October and november to ship. Hoping like hell they fit.

Ok, looking at the super heavies....
Do they really stretch an inch? I don't know wether to size down to a 32 or go for a 33 and risk them getting baggy... I'm not a tight jeans guy, but I don't want to wear pants that get too big either.
Help guys!

winterland1

Practically Family
From what I have read they do always stretch an inch. Make sure to measure a pair of jeans you like the fit and translate to your Gustin size, according to their website. I am tempted on the Super Heavys also. Was waiting for a shirt that catches my eye.
https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide

Last edited:
I think mine have stretched, but not too much on the actual waist. Legs (thighs) yes. I ordered the slims this time to see how they go. Same waist size.

I went down to 32s...I'm wearing a pair of Levis now that measure 34" around the waist and they are
slightly big. So going by the Gustin chart- the 32's @ 32.5" should end up at 33.5", right? I'm just wondering if the SH jeans stretch as much as some of the others.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I dropped from 30" to 29" and they were snug out of the box but without having to suck my stomach in ie, they fitted. They've definitely stretched since then, though I wouldn't vouch on a full inch, but they have have become the most comfortable jeans I own.

Cheech

A-List Customer
My Heavy Americans were fairly tight off the bat, but they're a little loose in the waist and legs after several weeks of wear. I'd say an inch of loosening is about right. Apparently the lighter weight denims loosen up even more readily than the heavier denims. Considering how relatively loose the weave is on the Super Heavies, I imagine that it will loosen up rather quickly despite the heavy weight.

Last edited:

wanz

One of the Regulars
I ordered a size 36 in my first pair (light lefthand) and then sized down to a 35 for the super heavy. At the risk of sounding repetitious, I don't know that they stretched an inch, but they stretched enough. In my experience, it seems like there was more stretch in the lighter denim. However, I was happy enough with the fit on the 35s that I changed the sizing to 35 on my two outstanding orders.

Were they tight on your waist or were they a good fit from the get go?

Just about right. Being so stiff, it's hard to judge fit at first. I just changed my order to straight. I'm too concerned that they'll be too skinny, and these straight 38 Heavy Americans are perfect for me.

Good luck guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner