Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What the the hell are you doing in them? Fighting lions or something lol
Just wearing them a lot. None of the breaks are from immediate damage. They're all from the fabric wearing through at the stress points over time. As they get older the fabric thins more and more at the wear points and breaks much more easily. At this point I have to patch pretty frequently. When they were new they didn't need any patching for about the first year. Then another year or so before the next patch. Now they need a new patch every 2-3 months.

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Hi, I just received a pair of gustin low tops, and wanted to see if anyone has had an experience similar to the picture attached. The stitching seems to be coming apart from the inner point where I bend my foot, and this is after only one very light wear (I'm assuming it had been there prior, and I just did not notice). Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• gustin.jpg
    gustin.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,178

ProteinNerd

Oh Damn! Have you sent the pics to Gustin? Their customer service is pretty good, that should not happen after 1 wear....

Thats the issue that happens to every pair of glued sneakers I have like converse etc, and thats exactly why I paid for the upgrade to a stitched pair like the Gustins.....I'd be really upset if it happened in the first year (or two) let alone first wear...

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Yes, I emailed them, and they were actually really good about it, and apologized, and offered me a full refund. I wouldn't mind trying again in the future based on that customer service experience, as I haven't heard of something similar happening to others who've had gustin sneakers. How are your holding up?

ProteinNerd

Mine are going great but havent seen a heap of wear as I got high tops just before the warmer weather started here. I am kinda planning on getting the cordovan low tops when my current sneakers die on me though.

I've always been impressed with their customer service as well, not surprised to hear they looked after you.

ProteinNerd

tenor.gif

Work shirts again.

I couldn't decide between the Heavy Black and the Cone Mill 101 so backed them both. Still thinking maybe I should change the Cone Mill to the Antique Indigo but there can't be much of the Cone Mills deadstock left so I might not get another chance at it.

Does anyone have any of these at home?

El Marro

View attachment 226356

Work shirts again.

I couldn't decide between the Heavy Black and the Cone Mill 101 so backed them both. Still thinking maybe I should change the Cone Mill to the Antique Indigo but there can't be much of the Cone Mills deadstock left so I might not get another chance at it.

Does anyone have any of these at home?
Well now you pulled me back in! just logged onto Gustin and backed the heavy black. I like their workshirts.

Haven’t been back to this thread in a long while! I didn’t like and quickly sold the CPO I bought. While it was a very well built shirt the sizing was pretty horrendous. The shirt fit me OK, but it was quite laughably long in the body. I’m constantly on the fence with these guys. I like their stuff, but after owning just a few (3) items, I ultimately always pass on their email blasts.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I did back their #36 heavy slub jeans recently, for the second time. I already have them in skinny, now getting them in slim. I am into slub, also have Oni, Naked&Famous and Brave Star slubby jeans. I think Gustin's fabric has the most character, surprisingly.

El Marro

Haven’t been back to this thread in a long while! I didn’t like and quickly sold the CPO I bought. While it was a very well built shirt the sizing was pretty horrendous. The shirt fit me OK, but it was quite laughably long in the body. I’m constantly on the fence with these guys. I like their stuff, but after owning just a few (3) items, I ultimately always pass on their email blasts.
I feel the same way about most of their wares and I took a break from them for a bit because of this. I do like their workshirts though and I like the way they fit me so I think this is a safe buy.
I did back their #36 heavy slub jeans recently, for the second time. I already have them in skinny, now getting them in slim. I am into slub, also have Oni, Naked&Famous and Brave Star slubby jeans. I think Gustin's fabric has the most character, surprisingly.
I too am a big fan of the #36 heavy slub jeans. I have one pair of them I wear regularly and another brand new pair sitting in reserve unworn because that is how I roll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112