Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

wdw

One Too Many
I only washed because of my bad experience with the Freddies, but then they're rougher and look like they've been dipped in indigo ink. The waist is definitely too small for me, but it's the hips that's the real problem, as there's no way they'd stretch enough to make me look anything other than a Freddie Mercury wannabee. Going up in Classifieds soon.

I only washed because of my bad experience with the Freddies, but then they're rougher and look like they've been dipped in indigo ink. The waist is definitely too small for me, but it's the hips that's the real problem, as there's no way they'd stretch enough to make me look anything other than a Freddie Mercury wannabee. Going up in Classifieds soon.

LOL (sorry).
You'll sell those fast I'm sure.

wdw

One Too Many
TBH, I'd need to go up two sizes, but there's nothing tempting me at the moment. I'm not sure I could now be bothered with the wait and the uncertainty over fit. At least it was only a hundred-odd dollars, not the thousand that you overseas guys sometimes risk on UK leather.

guygardner

A-List Customer
Did anyone see the Halloween Giveaway they have going on today?

"1) Invite your friends to join Gustin by going here:
2) Encourage your friends to create their account TODAY!
3) We'll randomly pick four people who create accounts today AND THEIR REFERRER, and give you both a pair of jeans - shipped out tomorrow!"

Here's my referee link for anyone who hasn't signed up and would like to have a chance to win a pair of jeans:

https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/11350

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd chime in - just got my Japan Classics in - I like them a lot. Relatively soft, nice feel. I originally ordered the Blue/Blue (I think that's what it was called) but they were too small. Returned and since there was no replacement available in my size I ordered again from what was available. So after 2.5 months I actually have a pair of jeans that fit. Now I just have to get them hemmed/chain stitched somewhere.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
WDW,

I'm not sure you should throw in the towel just yet.. I have read about a lot of people struggling to get the buttons done up on their jeans the first few times only to report later that after a week or so they fit great. The denim will stretch, and it will stretch the most in the places where it is tightest, the waist, the hips etc.. keep trying them.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
WDW,

I'm not sure you should throw in the towel just yet.. I have read about a lot of people struggling to get the buttons done up on their jeans the first few times only to report later that after a week or so they fit great. The denim will stretch, and it will stretch the most in the places where it is tightest, the waist, the hips etc.. keep trying them.

I bought some heavyweight denim about a year ago and had to lie down to button them up the first time I wore them. They were pretty uncomfortable to wear the first few times, but are great now.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Thought I'd chime in - just got my Japan Classics in - I like them a lot. Relatively soft, nice feel. I originally ordered the Blue/Blue (I think that's what it was called) but they were too small. Returned and since there was no replacement available in my size I ordered again from what was available. So after 2.5 months I actually have a pair of jeans that fit. Now I just have to get them hemmed/chain stitched somewhere.
Kylek,

I've used a place in NYC called "DenimTherapy", they are online, you create a work ticket, detailing what you want, print it out and then mail your jeans to them. I got mine back in about 2 weeks for $25 plus shipping.

The only thing I would recommend is to give the jeans a soak first to get out the tiny bit of shrinkage, then measure the inseam

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks, Boyo, but there's no way on earth these will fit without a starvation diet. They're miles out and at best two sizes too small for me. I just want rid of the horrors.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
if you can get them up and over the hips and any buttons done up. i still say keep trying..

too bad they're not in my size or I would take em off your hands

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Much as I'd love to give these a go, they're simply too small to even be worth trying to make work. I'm just surprised they're so wide of the mark, but at least it makes the selling on decision very simple.

I doubt if the slim fit would have got past my knees.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Anyone from outside USA order Gustin? I got told 2 weeks ago my belt was in the post? I do lots of overseas buying, and these days, nothing really takes 2 weeks.I'm waiting for 2 pairs of jeans too. The first pair said Oct when I backed them, the other are late Oct. I'm keen to make sure they fit prior to buying Super Heavy. I sent them a pretty blunt message re not being able to combine plstage, and haven't heard from them since?not desperate for the kit, but really curious re fit. Mind you with prices bouncing up and down, unsure if I will bother with them again...

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I think mine took a week plus, after shippingnotice , but items can get stuck in customs, maybe you got unlucky with this one item.

Dont trust the shipping quotes, wait until you get the mail that its shipped and count from that day, or better yet - trace it and go a week from the actual send date.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think two weeks after their posted is about right. What I found frustrating is the time it took for Gustin to post out after their projected completion date.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Much as I'd love to give these a go, they're simply too small to even be worth trying to make work. I'm just surprised they're so wide of the mark, but at least it makes the selling on decision very simple.

I doubt if the slim fit would have got past my knees.

Eric, I just noticed that you listed in the FL's Classified Section and imagine you will have no problem finding a UK buyer since there is a two-month wait + shipping to UK + VAT for someone in the UK. Pants that are 2" too big are tolerable with a belt, whereas 1" to small is excruciating. :eeek:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've got to say, when the unsanforized ones come up, I'll be game. I'll just need to be careful what I order - whether it's 1" up from my Gustin size or 1" up from my normal waist size.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think mine took a week plus, after shippingnotice , but items can get stuck in customs, maybe you got unlucky with this one item.

Dont trust the shipping quotes, wait until you get the mail that its shipped and count from that day, or better yet - trace it and go a week from the actual send date.
It's no biggie, just looking forward to getting it. My favorite belt broke last week, so was hoping to get this sooner rather than later. Also, the fit of the jeans is key, already bought 2 pair,....probably jumped the gun. Plus, I'm bored, the weather is glorious and my bike is in the shop...:(

I went to dinner tonight with my Heavy Americans on. Throughout the night I was apparently russning my hands on my jeans. There was a gal I had never met at our table who looked at me funny about 2hours into the event. Her face was priceless. She had seen my hands and it looked like I had low blood oxygen or something. My hands were blue! LOL
The waitress came up and said "I have that problem too" and I discovered she was a denim freak too. We all laughed pretty hard. But I was surprised as I have washed these three times now, the last time in hot extended. So, they will bleed some even after a few tumbles. Washing again tonight. I love clean, crispy jeans. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn