Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I just checked how long my last pair took. They were fully-funded by 29th July, which is a lot faster than my first pair, so not too bad actually. Yeah, I would say there worth the wait - especially if you can get them through with paying import/handling fees, as I did today *punches the air* - it's full-bore denim and Levis' prices, and very quality to boot.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great to see the Shackleton getting an airing - suits the jeans to a 'tee' - and St Andrews Square looking the perfect backdrop too, if I'm not mistaken.
My Gustin black x coal 18oz-ers really are a solid jean, much more solid than any of my others, and are going to take some breaking in - it appears those extra two ounces make all the difference! - but they're ideal for this time of year, and the slate grey weft means the black weaver is heavily saturated but with 'something else' going on that lifts them.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Well spotted, Sloane. You should be a detective or a journalist or sumfink.:eusa_clap:) I wouldn't have said the location was at all obvious.

The blackxcoals look tempting, and a nice heavy weight. Hope you get them up here sometime.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I thought I recognised the building in the far left corner of the pic, but the give away was the high number of Chelsea tractors in the background, which you always get in St Andrews Square on account of Harvey Nicks' presence. :D
I will take some pics of the BxCs tonight. It's not been the most comfortable of first wears today, though it pales into comparison with my 21oz UBs.
Edit* I see Gustin are doing unsanforised denim for under $100:
https://www.weargustin.com/store/1114

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So I finally got my grey silks after a couple of backings.
I like everything about them, the only downside is that they are very light.

I dont know what to do about cuffing. I never cuff. I did 15 years ago, where I used a single open cuff but today as a grown man Im not really sure how it looks. I think it looks good in all your guyses pic but when I try myself I dunno.

But I really want to cuff theese pants since the selvedge ID is very nice and the shine also brings them to another level. But to look the least like a teenager, what is best: single open cuff or double cuff?

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Lol I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought about this...I'm nearly58 & had to think long n hard bout cuffing..Got over it now & wearing a single cuff or turn.up as we call it in Scotland...I wish gustin would do 32/34 inseam though..that's my only complaint with them..

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since the early 60's nobody's worn cuffs on their jeans in this country, so it's taken me some time to get used to it. Once you do, though, you stop worrying about it. I just wouldn't wear them with a jacket and tie. I'd say roll them up to where they look best.

The 34" inseams are too long for me. I do 1 big one on my heavy Japan's when I wear boots. The others tend to get 2 rolls and normal shoes.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I have to double cuff mine and it's still pretty wide. I hear you guys. When I looked in a full length mirror the other day I thought it looked silly, especially on brand spanking new unwashed jeans. Thing is I don't want to hem them until they've been through a few washings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy