Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys: How Many Shoes?

jjl5000

New in Town
Brian Sheridan said:
Wow....those are beautiful though it must take FOREVER to polish them all.

But I :eusa_clap your collection!...

Patrick Murtha said:
You are my buddy from now on. Post a lot.

lol Thanks for the warm reception and kind words. I look forward posting more shoes!

Marty M.

Vendor
Welcome wagon.

Welcome to the Lounge JJL5000. Not a bad way to start with your post being such a home run. The British Tan Balmoral at the end is a killer. Bravo to you sir :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

kschurch

Vendor
Ribbon laces

Hey JJl5000,

Nice collection. I love the ribbon laces in your formal shoes. I tried to do that with my formals but could find ribbons that worked quite right. What did you use?

Cheers,

Church

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
What a good question?

Send me head on into the cabinet...
Here they are. (Not that many really)

Sko004.jpg

A strange mixture from Lloyds and different Italians to RAF Pattern 1936 Flyingboots and a pair of Corcorans Jumpboots.
Might say more about me than I first thought:D
(BTW: They ARE polished - the picture is out of focus!!! Sorry:)

jjl5000

New in Town
kschurch said:
Hey JJl5000,

Nice collection. I love the ribbon laces in your formal shoes. I tried to do that with my formals but could find ribbons that worked quite right. What did you use?

Cheers,

Church

A poster from the LL alerted my attention to Cleverley who had recently stocked up on silk laces. I phoned the store and they mailed them out pronto.

Anthony Jordan said:
Very nice! I especially like the two Adelaide throats - are they Tricker's Belgraves by any chance?

They are indeed. I am a big adelaide fan!

Alan B.

New in Town
12 pair and still growing! I wear all of them and have a good rotation w/ them. I am very fond of the low vamp Italian shoes which are hard to find these days. I've had tremendous luck on eBay as I don't mind used shoes. Mostly used Cole-Haan Braganos but a few others makes as well. They all fit great.

This is my favorite.
http://dandync.blogspot.com/2007/07/ray-of-sunshine.html

Then of course I have my red shoes, which draw a lot of comments:
http://dandync.blogspot.com/2008/01/funky-red-shoes-sequel.html

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
YESSSS! I just bought my second pair of Allen Edmonds. Their Ebay outlet store had the Dryden's in my size for only $129! I saw Matt Decker's post about how good the shoe felt, so I clicked back over to Ebay and hit "Buy It Now."

It is hard for me to find outlet shoes because I need a 3E.

Go me! Happy Valentines Day - to me! lol

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Brian Sheridan said:
YESSSS! I just bought my second pair of Allen Edmonds. Their Ebay outlet store had the Dryden's in my size for only $129! I saw Matt Decker's post about how good the shoe felt, so I clicked back over to Ebay and hit "Buy It Now."

It is hard for me to find outlet shoes because I need a 3E.

Go me! Happy Valentines Day - to me! lol

Once you get into on AE or Alden, you're likely to become a happy addict, combing Ebay and the Internet for deals. :)

The Shooman

Practically Family
l have lots of good shoos, but l still have no way near enough shoos. l like lots of good shoos and l never have enough to be satisfied. Fortunately (being in Australia) there isn't many good shoos here (keeps the shoo-numbers down), so my list of 117 shoos (to purchase) will probably go down to about 50.

What l need to ease my shoo pain:

* 13 C&J shoos (various models....l need them all) :)
* 7 Dinkelacker handmade shoos (various models)
* 2 or 3 G&G shoos
* 2 Trickers
* 4 or 5 more Church's
* at least 1 (even 3 or 4) mantellassi norvegese handmades would ease my pain too.
* (afew other brands i'm working on)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou