Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GW Rough Wear 23380

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Emailed John about a sale page jacket last week - it sold but he hadn't updated the site. He then offered this Rough Wear 23380 made from Shinki horse hide. Customer requested wider shoulder measurements but it ended up not fitting him. Arrived yesterday and is a bit short / trim but still works. This is my first A2 (awaiting another purchased from @Fonzie).

Specs:

Vintage crown zipper and vintage united carr snaps

Front along zipper: 22.25"
Front under arms: 22.5"
Back under arms: 22.5"
Back height: 24.5"
Shoulder width: 19"
Sleeve length: 24"

reverse_view_flat.jpg
front_view_flat.jpg

collar.jpg
pocket.jpg
epaulet.jpg
crown_zipper.jpg

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
Love John's work. probably the finest A-2 you can get. he always seems to get the best cuts of leather with the most grain character for his jackets so they are out the door with that authentic vintage appeal right off the bat. I owned one of his, a second hand Aero and wish I hadn't sold it... one day I'll get me another Chappy GW!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic jacket. My GW is just one of my absolute go-to's. I've got another on order, an Aero depot redye, and hopefully before too long I'll be good to go - cash is going to more pressing projects, so I'm delaying pulling the trigger at the moment.

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
Love John's work. probably the finest A-2 you can get. ... I owned one of his, a second hand Aero and wish I hadn't sold it... one day I'll get me another Chappy GW!
Well, to reply by quoting myself ... my "one day" came sooner than I thought as I ended up acquiring a barely worn GoodWear J.A. Dubow 20960 made with the Italian Vincenzo horse hide in a lighter seal color for a great price. It came with an accurate leather 85th FS / 79th FG patch made by Miroslav. Its really nice to have a John Chapman made jacket once again! To me these are the Lamborghinis of A-2 repros!
85th_FS_79th_FG_P40patch.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_32.jpg
11F5FC61-1EB7-449F-B74A-C5325CCE1215.jpeg
F01B53A1-323A-4142-B6F4-C11741FF1FAD.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB