Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. Chait / American Eagle A2 jacket

Peacoat

Bartender
You may be able to edit the title of the thread by clicking on the edit button in your first post in the thread. If the title is visible, then you can probably edit it.

Technonut

Practically Family
I've been attempting to find some info regarding these A-2's myself.. I am impressed with the level of detail on the ones I've seen. Good pocket spacing, nice goatskin, epaulet placement, collar-stand construction, pocket flap scallops, single-piece back, two-piece arms, made in the U.S.A. etc.. Even the overall pattern looks very authentic. ;) :)

After having my eye on a size 44 with great measurements for me on eBay, I finally caved, and made an offer today... The offer was accepted at a VERY good price for me...:D I can't wait for it to arrive. I live for finding obscure A-2's which have the majority of period details correct at outrageously low prices. ;) I'm fairly certain this one will be a winner, and fit me well.

Technonut

Practically Family
Well, the American Eagle Leather A-2 arrived. OUTSTANDING budget jacket. :) The 44R fits exactly as I like, with an authentic wartime A-2 pattern / cut, and details. It's been overcast in my part of the world, but as soon as I can grab a sunny day, I'll get some pics / fit pics posted-up. ;)

Take my word on it.. Folks who may be interested in an previously-owned, 80%+ period-details-correct A-2 should jump on one of these if spotted on the Bay, and in their size. ;) The goatskin is VERY much like the 'real deal' on this one...beautifully 'crusty'... Right at the upper level of thickness for an A-2. A truly, VERY nicely constructed jacket which I'm surprised I haven't heard of until recently.

Here's a teaser pic of the goatskin: :cool:

DSCF0072_zps7ixlsiax.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran