Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Coloring " Gentleman"

Hi Folks

Well I need to vent a bit. I spotted 4 gentleman today and early evening, the gentleman ranged in age from 40-55.
They had the worst hair coloring jobs that I ever saw. It was comical.

Now I ask, fellow loungers Do you get your hair colored/dyed? I DO NOT> I like my wavy silver hair just the way it is, wavy and silver.

This post means no disrespect to any fellow that gets there hair colored/dyed. I was just wondering if I am a minority in regard to not have my hair colored/dyed.

TIA for all reply's.
Best regards
CCJ

My dad does (don't tell him I told you lol) and it's done well. It works on him, though. He's 52, I turned 22 today, and most people would never guess it. They think we're close in age, usually.

GEDC0009.JPG

Burton

One of the Regulars
I must admit to considering it as my moustache has completely greyed and the rest of my hair is still relatively dark. I've decided not to as I dont think I would be able to pull of a natural look with the kind of self care products I would have access to in the remote areas I reside. In addition it might look awful during times in between treatments. I think I will just continue to decompose naturally and thank God I have a full head of hair.

My dad does (don't tell him I told you lol) and it's done well. It works on him, though. He's 52, I turned 22 today, and most people would never guess it. They think we're close in age, usually.

GEDC0009.JPG

Hi Tom

Your Dad looks great for a 52YO. Some dye jobs give the fellow a younger look but most I've seen tend to be so obvious and over done.
That they are comical looking. Or say when a man 50pounds over weight gets a coloring, seems rather obvious that he is not going to look any younger. Just my .02
Silver in dye out.
Best regards
ccj

m0nk

One Too Many
I'm getting whites (not grey, but actually stark white) and have thought about what to do when the time comes when I have more. Most of my facial hair is white already, so when that goes completely, I'm likely just going to bleach everything on my head to as close to white as possible. I've often wondered what I would look like, and in my mind, I picture Malcolm McDowell, sans-accent. Of course, what I picture, and what it would actually look like, are probably completely different. I have the hair line, but I'm not nearly as distinguished.

My wife wouldn't let me if I even considered it.
These are all earned & will be displayed, along with all this additional forehead I am cultivating.
I've always wondered what happens when you decide to quit coloring?
I had a manager once that used coloring then after a long weekend, came back natural. He looked so much better.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I seem to recall a few fairly famous men that used hair coloring, and it made them lose their hair. Elton John was one of them. I suppose my own hair getting more strands of white or grey shows up in more numbers now. I really do not pay that much attention to all of it, nature has a way of dealing with us physically, and it is very hard to fight off mother nature.

I would pass on the hair coloring for myself, but, I do treat myself to a chocolate covered cherry now and then!

I agree. I see a lot of guys around here, who are in their 80's and use Grecian formula, I'm guessing, because their hair is jet black. That's not fooling anybody.

One example of an older fella that really pulled off coloring his hair, though, is Ronald Reagan. I can't picture him with gray hair.

Hi Tom

Your Dad looks great for a 52YO. Some dye jobs give the fellow a younger look but most I've seen tend to be so obvious and over done.
That they are comical looking. Or say when a man 50pounds over weight gets a coloring, seems rather obvious that he is not going to look any younger. Just my .02
Silver in dye out.
Best regards
ccj

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I read somewhere after his presidency, I think an interview with Mrs. Reagan,...wherein she swore he did not dye his hair. He must have though, it was always black with no trace of grey!

Hi Tom

Silver in dye out.
Best regards
ccj

Hi Tom
Happy Birthday and Many Many more.
Best regards
CCJ

I find that hard to believe too. However, he was our oldest president and the only one that wasn't aged by the hard job that running this country is.

I read somewhere after his presidency, I think an interview with Mrs. Reagan,...wherein she swore he did not dye his hair. He must have though, it was always black with no trace of grey!

Thank you very much!

Hi Tom
Happy Birthday and Many Many more.
Best regards
CCJ

I started getting gray at around 20. ...

Me too.

And even as early as my high school years it was apparent I would be bald on top. So yeah, I was the one who bought the beer.

I know some guys who dye their hair and wear rugs. Fine by me if they do. It ain't for me, though. It may indeed be true, as the ads for hair dye and hairpieces suggest, that a rug and/or dye would make me appear younger, but it wouldn't actually make me any younger, or healthier. And I seriously doubt it would, as the rug peddlers would have us believe, improve my outlook or my professional prospects or my physical attractiveness such that I'd have difficulty finding the time to take all those luscious babes throwing themselves at me for spins on my JetSki. (Hell, I don't even own a JetSki. Do they include one with the rug? They oughta, considering what they charge for those things.)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure what age my bf starting getting grey and white hair (he's now almost 57 and I've known him since Nov. 2010), but it looks very attractive on him. Don't think he'd ever consider dying his hair. To the gents- to keep their hair color au naturelle, this lady thinks looks best!

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
... he was our oldest president and the only one that wasn't aged by the hard job that running this country is ...

Can't help but comment on this.

I remember at the time such a big deal was made about President Regan's age. Well, at the time he was President, my Grandmother was 101 years old. I remember her sitting in her chair, with her face as close to the TV as she could get, squinting through her old eyes and straining to hear with her old ears to one of President Regan's addresses. Right in the middle of the President's address, my 101 year-old Grandmother turned to me and said, "Why he doesn't look all that bad for an old man."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran