Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Conditioners?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I sometimes just condition, like on days that I didn't work, so my hair didn't get a chance to get sweaty or dirty. Even though my hair is short, I can't brush my hair after a shower with out conditioner because of the thickness.
I tried the condtioner as shampoo regimine. After a few days of this my hair got oily..ick.
So I am still insearch of a good shampoo to use during the winter when the static season hits for me.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
About the conditioner as shampoo-thing ... I noticed it makes a big difference if I use a silicone-free conditioner or one with only very little silicone in it (I use JASON Jojoba conditioner) instead of a deep-conditioning one, because all the silicones will build up within just a weeks use and make the hair heavy and oily.
Oh and you can check the ingredient list, the silicones are the ingredients ending with -one. The higher on the list, the bigger the percentage.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
ShrinkingViolet said:
About the conditioner as shampoo-thing ... I noticed it makes a big difference if I use a silicone-free conditioner or one with only very little silicone in it (I use JASON Jojoba conditioner) instead of a deep-conditioning one, because all the silicones will build up within just a weeks use and make the hair heavy and oily.
Oh and you can check the ingredient list, the silicones are the ingredients ending with -one. The higher on the list, the bigger the percentage.

This is very true; the same goes for styling products, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff