Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Curling Sponge Balls

MissS

A-List Customer
So, in my search for the perfect hair curling method, I came across these strange looking sponge hair curling balls, which are apparently very popular in Japan and Taiwan. They remind me of yo-yo's.

Have any of you ladies tried these? They sell them on ebay, so I thought I might give them a whirl, as they look like they'd be easy to sleep in, as it's all sponge.

http://rainbow-shopping.blogspot.com/2007/09/sponge-hair-curler-650.html

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Interesting, but it looks like something like that wouldn't be good for a damp set, as it seems it would hold in all the moisture.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
I have, many many moons ago. They've been around for quite a long time here.:)
They aren't good for damp sets, only for keeping your curls and sleeping comfortably.
Unless you curl it carefully, though, your hair can get tangled up if it's long.

MissS

A-List Customer
Yes, I think you're right Kitty. I think I'd have to completely dry my hair, then just give it a light spritz with setting lotion - and perhaps set it a little earlier in the evening than I normally do.

Thanks for the reply LaMedicine. I've just chopped a good couple of inches off my hair, so hopefully I won't get all knotted up.

I'll order some and report back, gals!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I've tried these, I got them from an Asian shop. My hair did get tangled, but then I have quite frizzy and unruly hair so they might be better suited for Asian hair types.
You do look like a complete goofball while wearing them, though lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou