Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

eveready

Banned
I may be getting a hair cut tomorrow. The barber I go to has a chart of different hairstyles like the one below:

6a00e55127ad35883301348584a710970c-800wi

Any suggestions as to what I should be after this time? Last time I got "The Professional" style.

I don't see much of a difference between "The Professional", "The Businessman's" or "The Facon".....might I suggest "The Bowl Cut"?

cklos

Banned
I may be getting a hair cut tomorrow. The barber I go to has a chart of different hairstyles like the one below:

6a00e55127ad35883301348584a710970c-800wi

Any suggestions as to what I should be after this time? Last time I got "The Professional" style.
I suggest the Flattop with Fenders........In addition to this helpful chart, does your barber offer all-day suckers as a post cut reward?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Alright, I got the haircut, and it was pretty the professional, but a bit shorter. Anyway, I've been trying to get that Sean Connery James Bond look down right.

sean-connery.jpg

Is the hair looking close enough?

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/TheAntiquarian/Photoon2011-02-05at1717.jpg?t=1296955252

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/TheAntiquarian/Photoon2011-02-05at17183.jpg?t=1296955506

I think it's a really cool style, and I'm surprised more men don't sport it.

P.S. My images are always reversed due to it being a Mac program taking the shots.

Jan

One of the Regulars
Take into account, that he has wavy hair, so it'll obviously look different on you.

Try making it a lower profile in the front, and you'll get it looking a little closer to his.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Alright, I got the haircut, and it was pretty the professional, but a bit shorter. Anyway, I've been trying to get that Sean Connery James Bond look down right.

sean-connery.jpg

Is the hair looking close enough?

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/TheAntiquarian/Photoon2011-02-05at1717.jpg?t=1296955252

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/TheAntiquarian/Photoon2011-02-05at17183.jpg?t=1296955506

I think it's a really cool style, and I'm surprised more men don't sport it.

P.S. My images are always reversed due to it being a Mac program taking the shots.
Looks pretty good, pretty close to the Bond Look, might want to trim up the side burn though!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. The sideburns are just my thing though, and I'm actually trying to grow them a little longer. I'm not really trying to copy his style, but be somewhat inspired by it. I know his hair is different, as in wavy, but at least I can try to manage coming close with my products, Brylcreem and Dax Wave and Groom.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Brendan Fraser in his 'Mummy' movies has a pretty good period haircut - considering he's pretty thin on top in reality!

mummytomb.jpg
brendan-fraser-and-luke-ford_1280x1024_19939.jpg

-dixon cannon

I agree, love his cut and style, must be nice to have a hairstylist ten feet away at all times!!!
Here's a shot of mine not greased back and somewhat tamed by a hat all morning.
img2504x.jpg

Or here is one laid back but starting to fall.
img2511th.jpg

NotsoGolden

New in Town
My newest cut and style is on my avatar. Just now starting to grow out a "businessman's" cut. Likely move along to the "professional" once I get some length there.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Heh, my younger brother the other day had a smirk when he said this, "Mr. Sean Connery," in a joking sort of way. Then I almost shyly remarked, "Alright, thank you. That classic Bond look is sort of what I'm doing." I guess I got the hairstyle down quite well, although it must have helped that my Facebook profile picture is actually one of the retro Connery Bond posters...

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
This one is more along the lines of "The Professional". My hair is getting too long now but next time I get it cut will just be a straight buzz, no time for stylin' in Alaska.

DSC_0112.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Got my hair cut today. I got what I will call the fedora lounge standard. Short sides and back, long on the top.
Photo50-2.jpg

Photo51-2.jpg

Photo55-2.jpg

Here it is without the pomade, so you can see the mechanics of it.
Photo52-2.jpg

Photo54-1.jpg

NotsoGolden

New in Town
Well Yeps....I got my hair cut today as well. Unfortunately, mine didn't go as planned. There are few barbers here, and I went to the one I've used the most before I decided to change my hairstyle to something more than a buzz cut. As you may have guessed, he isn't accustomed to period styles, and even after showing him a pic of Don Draper and telling him I wanted the classic professional's cut....he took all the length off the top! I'm already thinning, which is why I went for a buzz cut previously...so it was a hard pill to swallow when those clippers went further than I knew they should have. Oddly enough, the cut is perfect for the style...so now I just have to get back to growing it back out. I'll try to upload some pics once I feel a bit more presentable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24