Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
I don't think Anton Walbrook ever looked bad. His moustache was always great too. Nothing ostentatious, and decidedly handsome.
His haircut is basically what I've got, achieved with Dax (blue tin, can't remember the name). Just a small amount on my palm works just fine). I have a slight wave when it gets longer, which is good.

Metatron

One Too Many
Good timing- Speaking of Anton Walbrook,
can anyone break this haircut down for me?

It's a bit different from the standard short back and sides, and will require that I grow my hair for a while.
As far as I can tell, It seems to be:
long on top,
long on the sides, maybe with a slight taper? combed back
trimmed sideburns
a sharp taper at the back which begins in line with the ends of the long top, and ends at a zero in line with the earlobes?

(btw holy grail jacket worn by Marius Goring, it is a belt-back too)

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
can anyone break this haircut down for me?

It's a bit different from the standard short back and sides, and will require that I grow my hair for a while.
As far as I can tell, It seems to be:
long on top,
long on the sides, maybe with a slight taper? combed back
trimmed sideburns
a sharp taper at the back which begins in line with the ends of the long top, and ends at a zero in line with the earlobes?)

Yep, long on top, slightly shorter on the sides which are layered & graduated towards the back & a razor cut on the nape. Then back combed & blow dried with a dab of goob.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
This is the most recent haircut I received. I got it a few weeks ago and has since grown in very nicely.

sig-4623286.RdEyNUu.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Nice haircut!

Though, for less maintenance and going between haircuts longer, I think you could always go with this style of pompadour haircut, as seen on this guy from A Kiss Before Dying (1956), a good movie by the way. The hair is a lot longer on the sides (also for causing the ducktail effect in the back) than your current cut, though, and it is well-slicked in place. It may also be too rockabilly looking for what you're after.

e.png

. . .
Yes. Now that's a good look. But then Robert Wagner, aka "R.J.," always looked great.

Killick

One of the Regulars
I am planning to get a haircut soon, but I don't think my hair cutter is cutting my hair in the best possible way for my style. Does anyone know of an image to show her which describes these styles the best? I always tend to part my hair on the left, but I don't know if that matters or not. If possible, a picture of a similar style of them all mixed together.
Young_lawrence_welk.JPG
640px-Walter_Pidgeon_cph_3b24937.jpg
Chet_R._Allen.jpg
640px-PontLighthouseSuit.jpg
Where in Ct. are you? Lundy's in Montville is a fantastic barber. He can give you exactly what you want. I'll take some pics of how he cuts mine and post.

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
I was just going through this thread for the first time in a while.
So sad to see so many great pictures have been lost over the years, replaced by those annoying placeholders.

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
Mr Natty, who has an interesting video linked to much earlier in this thread, when he worked in London, seems to have landed in NYC, at a shop called Tuft. $65 a pop is about $40 too rich for my blood, though.

Sonero

Practically Family
Great Thread for Covid times.

I have been cutting my own hair for a few months. No more buzzcuts for me. I went back to my slick back hairstyle.
I use a 6 on the sides and a 5 on back. I might even take a #4 below the 5. Don't know yet.
I have an M shaped neckline which is very difficult to get rid of yourself without going really short. I might try #5 4 3 at some point.
My focus has been on the sides never going past the perital ridge and not going past the occipital bone in back.
Work in progress.....
20201115_135720.jpg
20201115_135409.jpg
20201115_135608.jpg
20201115_135620.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider