Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Growth

jacqueline101

New in Town
I have been trying to get my hair to grow. The back is longer then the sides I had it cut at an angle with thin straight across bangs. The trouble is my sides they seem to quit growing. I was wondering what I can do to encourage them to grow.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I've heard that taking prenatal vitamins works for some women. I guess the vitamins are more concentrated or something. Otherwise.....just be patient. It'll grow. :)

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I don't know if it will help with growth, but I take an Omega 3-6-9 pill every morning.
It makes my hair shinier and stronger, plus it makes the skin glow too. Plus in pill form it doesn't taste as fishy as the oil.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Your hair should grow faster as soon as the Spring/Summer is here. It tends to slow down during the cool months. Good nutrition is probably your best bet though.

If your hair grows 1" a month, but breaks off at the rate of 1.5", that won't help. Make sure that you condition so that it doesn't break off! Especially if you color/perm/overwork your hair.

Don't believe the b.s. hairdressers tell about cutting it, trims make it look better but they can't make it grow faster.

Tatum

Practically Family
Don't believe the b.s. hairdressers tell about cutting it, trims make it look better but they can't make it grow faster.

Isn't there a grain of truth to that, in that you have less breakage if you have it trimmed periodically? It seems to be the case for me, but I only get a trim every 12 weeks or so, not the six that is recommended. However, I also attribute my hair being healthier to washing it less (which also means I brush or comb it less).

hollyhamine

New in Town
Process of hair growth is different in each and every person.There are many factors work behind growth of hair.Like stress,genetics,food,whether,age...Taking proper food affects not only hair growth but entire body.Eating right food which gives proteins,vitamins.For increase level of these take some fresh fruits in eating and green vegetables.Genetics in every human body are different. And these genetics also plays major role in hair growth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points