Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair worries

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
gluegungeisha said:
Oh, I've been dying to try the Lush (caca! lol ) kind. I actually had the red kind, but some mice sneaked into my bathroom cabinet and had a feast...well, at least we know it's non-toxic, hehe.

I hope that henna can give me a nice jet-black. I heard that some henna shades have more blue in them -- I think that's what I need. I'm just sick of compensating the health of my hair (and possibly my body, since your skin absorbs that stuff) just to look nice for a few weeks until it fades!

GlueGunGeisha (I love that name!), from the online research on henna I have done, it looks like getting that delicious blue-black shade is a two-step process: First, an application of henna to prepare the hair, then an application of indigo to get the blue-black color. It seems that the indigo bonds better to the hennaed hair than to unprocessed hair.

In case you haven't seen this before, here is a good place to get started:

Indigo as a Hair Dye

Good luck!

--Leslie

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
RaasAlHayya said:
GlueGunGeisha (I love that name!), from the online research on henna I have done, it looks like getting that delicious blue-black shade is a two-step process: First, an application of henna to prepare the hair, then an application of indigo to get the blue-black color. It seems that the indigo bonds better to the hennaed hair than to unprocessed hair.

In case you haven't seen this before, here is a good place to get started:

Indigo as a Hair Dye

Good luck!

--Leslie

Oh, wow, thank you! Arrgh, I should have bought some henna and indigo when I was in India...it's so cheap for the real thing. Next time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy