Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

maintcoder

A-List Customer
We'll see which one I resemble

Haha... I'll post a picture for grins and giggles this weekend and let you decide!

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I like to go as scary things for Halloween, though "cute" is very tempting, as is old movie stars. I'll save that for Day of the Dead :) (Mexican Holiday celebrated here)

I just decided to make masks this year, like masquerade masks. I need something fast, fun, easy and cheap. So, I am an artist, and it sounds like the perfect thing with Halloween being so close and all. It's cheap, and there's not much to it.

I got the idea from going through my bookmarks, and finding http://www.goblinart.com . She has tutorials on there under the FAQ section on how to make masks like she does. I can't wait to get started :) They remind me so much of the Labyrinth. I'm going to make a Goblin/Gremlin mask :eusa_clap

I have no idea about vintage Halloween costumes. I'd like to imagine they might've gone dressed in traditional outfits, like ghosts, mummies, black cats, prisoners, vampire, werewolf, maybe a zombie or two? These are the sort of things I can imagine for long ago, but I can't say for certain.

And if you're going as Buddy Love, that'd be awesome, maintcoder!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
missyoli said:
hi everyone! i'm fairly new here. but i have been reading the forums and enjoy it very much. well as for halloween. it's one of my favorite holidays. and last year my boyfriend and i went as lucy and ricky. this year we are going as june carter and johnny cash. :)

June Carter and Johnny Cash--pure brilliance.

I'm always trying to get my sweetie to go as Fonzie from the infamous "Jumping the Shark" episode. Have him in a leather jacket, swim trunks, motorcycle boots and carrying a little stuffed shark. And I'd go as Pinkie Tuscadero. Yeah!

But he won't do it. Sigh!

So, I have no idea what I will go as this holiday season. But I have an appointment in the city, so I will probably not even have a chance to go out. Ah well...

crystalface

One of the Regulars
I have to work the closing shift at my store. We close at 9:30, so I'm not going to go anywhere.
I'm going to wear appropriate dresscode (all black w/green toolbelt) but do it 40's style. [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A little late

wpt22713butterick6758.jpg

Vintage pattern!

LD

Miss Marnie

New in Town
Miss Dottie said:
I'm always trying to get my sweetie to go as Fonzie from the infamous "Jumping the Shark" episode. Have him in a leather jacket, swim trunks, motorcycle boots and carrying a little stuffed shark. And I'd go as Pinkie Tuscadero. Yeah!

But he won't do it. Sigh!

I love it!!! :D
It is a shame you can't get him to play along.

Shirin

A-List Customer
Halloween costumes

Does anyone here still dress up for Halloween? I do! I'm not ashamed or shy, its the only day out of the year I can dress however I want and people appreciate it! Its a shame people don't celebrate Holidays as serious as they used to.:(
Anyway, here's some new costumes for 2009 I found online. I'm happy to see them getting in some Pin Up costumes.
Desktop.jpg

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Torn Between 2 Evils...

I'm a young chicky and well, sometimes, i feel that halloween costumes are getting smaller and smaller, what's becoming the difference between halloween costumes and lingerie? I was out a week before halloween last year and there was a girl wearing NO LIE a bra and panties. Around where i live, it's almost the one day a year where ladies can wear next to nothing and not be called "sluts".

I prefer to just wait until a few days after halloween and buy the candy for half price ;)

Besides...if all people were wearing was lingerie...then EVERYDAY is halloween with my man ;) :p

Shirin

A-List Customer
*martini*time* said:
I'm a young chicky and well, sometimes, i feel that halloween costumes are getting smaller and smaller, what's becoming the difference between halloween costumes and lingerie? I was out a week before halloween last year and there was a girl wearing NO LIE a bra and panties. Around where i live, it's almost the one day a year where ladies can wear next to nothing and not be called "sluts".

I prefer to just wait until a few days after halloween and buy the candy for half price ;)

Besides...if all people were wearing was lingerie...then EVERYDAY is halloween with my man ;) :p

Holy cr@p. I've not seen that here, its the south and people are a little prudish here. I know what you mean about them getting smaller! NOt only in size but the amount of fabric used!!!! I couldn't wear the ones I've posted (I'm a size 16-18) but I do like the vintage inspired look. It's too bad traditional home made costumes don't make the scene anymore. Something like these
792mccall.jpg
PETER001.jpg
4863simplicity.jpg
il_430xN.33187453.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Halloween is the the only holiday we celebrate - it's our wedding anniversary and my hands down favorite holiday EVER.

Here's us from 2007 ago giving out candy (the red-riding hood costume had been mine a few years before this but it's too big now (yay!) so it's his, lol.

1818070450_6123c2a1f3.jpg

1818069346_50ec9b352d.jpg

and Halloween of 2004:

118209674_7bf4c99a4b.jpg

and our BEST Halloween together 2003:

118209717_ab4f4e04a4.jpg

December

One of the Regulars
I love halloween so much!

I like to dress up as something really random, then make it Halloweeny by adding blood!

I was a ladybird last year, and to my dismay there were SIX other ladybirds! :eek:

This year I'm going to be Jessica Rabbit I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24