Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

Shirin

A-List Customer
From 1953!
mck3971.1L.jpg

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
This was for Mardi Gras... 1884, not Halloween, but hey ;)

telegraphe.jpg

I think it is the coolest costume ever: Telegraph :D
I have more here.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Cherry_Bombb said:
I bought a nurse's uniform on ebay about 2 months ago. It was used in a play set in the 1940's. It does fall about 2 inches above my knee (I stand 5' 7"). I wear a vintage 14. If you're interested in it, let me know.
I can't believe I missed this post! Sending you a PM now xx

BlameOnMame

New in Town
Man, I need some suggestions!

Usually I decide my costume in May (I take Halloween VERY seriously)
But this year I am very behind. I somehow have to top last years amazing Carmen Miranda costume. It was so easy. This year if I could possible find the time, I'd love to re create Ginger Rogers coin bikini from Gold Diggers of 1933, OR Madam Satan. Those are both so very involved, though.

hmmm

Last year:

The Shirt

Practically Family
Remember the old Mad Magazine cartoon Spy vs Spy? I am thinking of doing that with my boy this year (totally snagging it from a very creative couple). I will of course need to be white - as I don't think the boy owns anything but black tshirts.

Otherwise I may attempt to make something. I do love the Carmen Miranda idea. Then the boy is on his own!

BlameOnMame

New in Town
Carmen Miranda

Carmen Miranda was the easiest and most successful costume ever! Costume rental shops tend to have great stuff for that. Fruit hat and all. Except I had a pair of 1940's inspired sparkley gold platforms lying around in the back of my closet.. I knew I'd find some use for them eventually!

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
52 days until Halloween

I love the Carmen Miranda idea, except around here I fear that the costume would be lost on some and misunderstood by others.

Like many in this thread, I LOVE halloween. This is the first year in sometime that I am not organizing a haunted house so I actually have time to plan my own costume.
Last halloween I discovered the wonder of good quality halloween make up and prosthetics so I think I might try and incorporate that into my costume, whatever it is.

Sometime ago I had given some thought to being a zombified Marilyn Monroe though I am not entirely sold on the idea yet.

Snookie

Practically Family
I'm doing Carmen Miranda this year, mostly because my husband always just wants to wear vintage at Halloween, so this way he can be Cesar Romero. I am going to try to convince him to grow a mustache and get a spray tan, though.

If you like Vintage Costumes, check out the book Masquerade: Costume Inspiration from the 1920's to the 1950's. I just got it for my birthday, it's fab.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Snookie said:
If you like Vintage Costumes, check out the book Masquerade: Costume Inspiration from the 1920's to the 1950's. I just got it for my birthday, it's fab.

I second this....having seen it at a bbq on Monday...it's just a fabulous book, and most of them look do-able without any special patterns, in that you can use either plain dress patterns or combine...

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
I've got a 30s long tail tuxedo that fits like a charm, so I'm going to be the Emcee from Cabaret this year:

cabaret_l.jpg

A couple years ago for Halloween I did the same character, but the stage version of the costume:.

cabaret1.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Welllll..........my 16 is suggesting that my almost 5'2 10 y.o. goes as Ginormica from Monsters vs Aliens
SuperheroGinormica.jpg

The 16 y.o. is thinking a warrior fairy...picture something like this, but its a black tutu, pink wings, and she has the sword, & shield, lol. she can be silly.
thhgfcopy.png

Me, I dont know yet.

karlie

New in Town
halloween1.jpg

This is from halloween 2007. I made all the costumes. We were candy stripers.

halloween2.jpg

This is from last year. Also made both costumes. Well, I didn't make my boyfriends pants... He was a ring master, and I was clearly the bearded lady.

I'm at a complete loss for what to be this year... and I need to get started soon! Any suggestions are more than welcome!

SayCici

Practically Family
I don't think I'll have any parties or something to necessitate dressing up, but I'd like to! At a local antique store near me they have some Victorian paper masks. When it gets a little closer I think I'll pick one of those out and sew a corresponding costume. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy