Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hamilton Ventura replicas??

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
A month or so ago, I was perusing vintage shirts on Ebay and found someone from Japan selling Hamilton Ventura style watches for about $99.

I need a new watch and now I don't think they are selling them anymore.

Does anyone know if these are available outside ebay?

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Thanks..

I realize the ventura is still a current product, but unfortunately I can't afford the real thing.

I saw really nice look-a-likes on Ebay from Japan for $99.....just trying to find them.

Yeah, but I'd be wary of those guys, DM--their copy is worded rather flaky, and my Firefox addons give them a vendor-trustworthiness rating in the "Caution" category. Based out of China, with these ratings per WOT:
Trustworthiness: 34 (out of 100)
Vendor Reliability: 32
Privacy: 30
Categories: Spam
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/watchesprice.net

I've been watching (excuse the pun) Venturas for a while myself, although my target was the MIB edition...

Edward

Bartender
I don't recall where, but I do remember seeing Ventura copy watches for sale on a rockabilly clothing website a while back - one of the big sites, I think. Afraid I didn't take note of it exactly as they were all quartz and I prefer automatic, though. I'd love an automatic Ventura too, but the real thing is a bit pricey for me.

britishink

New in Town
Here's the Ebay Store: Hirobilly

I bought this repro, "Sheffield" brand, made in Hong Kong for so very cheap. It's the perfect shape as I wear my watch on the right and the point of the case is oriented away from the wrist.

2828411076_79d522ba56.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Those Goood Rockin' ones are the ones I had seen. Look like really nice watches - just a shame they're quartz. Still, I suppose that is in keeping what what they seek to emulate. As I understand it, Hamilton (particularly with the Ventura design) were the first major brand to experiment with Quartz movement.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
britishink said:
Here's the Ebay Store: Hirobilly

I bought this repro, "Sheffield" brand, made in Hong Kong for so very cheap. It's the perfect shape as I wear my watch on the right and the point of the case is oriented away from the wrist.

2828411076_79d522ba56.jpg

where'd that one come from? I love the dial.

britishink

New in Town
I found it on the web searching for 1950s watches.
A jeweler in Texas had it as a left behind battery change that was never picked up.

I got it for a song.
It's new moc-croc strap was twice the price.;)

Jay

Practically Family
Does anyone know where I can find one of these replicas now? I've searched ebay, google turned up nothing, and the link listed no longer works...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider