Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Paisley said:
This song reminds me of someone I saw three times a year and a half ago. I still feel warm and fuzzy every time I think of him.

Harry Connick, Jr.?

Paisley said:
...You don't dress with the best of taste
And nature didn't give you such a beautiful face
But baby, you've got what it takes.

... You don't look like a movie star
And on your money we won't get far
But Baby, you've got what it takes.

Harry Connick, Jr. married a top Victoria's Secret model named Jill Goodacre.lol

colleency

One of the Regulars
The number one thing for me is a short haircut -- above the ears and collar, please -- and tidy facial hair. I like a beard or mustache or clean-shaven. It depends on the face, but it must be tidy!

Next, I'd have to admit that a uniform just makes me weak in the knees. It doesn't even really matter what uniform. Civil War, WWII, even a pilot from Star Wars...be still my heart.

Something that I do like to see in a man dressing nicely is an undershirt -- not a t-shirt with logos, an undershirt! -- worn under a nice button up shirt.

I guess what's really great is a pulled together look, though, with accessories to match.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
To me the sexiest part on a fella is between . . . his shoulders and neck. I LOVE that area, it is so masculine and defining and strong and . . . alright Im back.

So to dress it up with a great suit jacket that clings close, and not too much padding, a sharp and defined collared shirt and crisp sleeves that LEAD to french cuffs, *gasp* Im done for :)

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
colleency said:
Something that I do like to see in a man dressing nicely is an undershirt -- not a t-shirt with logos, an undershirt! -- worn under a nice button up shirt.

Oh, Amen, sister. A fella in a nice oxford WITH a clean crisp undie beneath is always a heart stopper. Fellas, if you have friends who wear dress shirts but No t shirt beneath, pull them aside and tell them we notice. Please.

LD

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Harry Connick, Jr.?

lol No, not Harry Connick Jr.

Every time I think of how I like men to look, I think of an exception. I usually like a short, neat haircut, but I like Orlando Bloom's curly mop. I usually don't like tattoos, except on someone I know. Suits don't really turn my head, but some men have such bad taste in casual clothes that they're better off in one.

Awhile back, there was a thread about what kind of people we attract. Just as there's no particular type I attract, there's no particular type I'm attracted to.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Lady Day said:
Oh, Amen, sister. A fella in a nice oxford WITH a clean crisp undie beneath is always a heart stopper. Fellas, if you have friends who wear dress shirts but No t shirt beneath, pull them aside and tell them we notice. Please.

LD

Absolutely. That whole no-undershirt thing works only if you are Clark Gable. And, with all due respect to the fine gents in the Lounge, there's no guy today who is.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I must put in a bid for men in casual clothes. Casual does NOT mean "every article of clothing is four sizes too large" but suits don't do it for me more than a nice pair of jeans if he's in good shape.

I think suits are more forgiving of different body types, but there's something about a guy dressed for a hike or the beach or just hanging out.

Indiana Jones beats James Bond any day in my book! lol

colleency

One of the Regulars
DH used to dress "Indiana Jones" for everyday wear. He's much more casual now, which is probably my fault as I bought him a pair of jeans and made him some bowling shirts. I kind of miss the fedora and slacks. :(

MissQueenie

Practically Family
I guess I'm a little fickle -- what floats my boat varies with my mood.

Usually I love a man with a baby-smooth shave, but now and then a faint, rough 5 o'clock shadow is intriguing on the right man (jaw line!).

I usually love a nice crisp shirt, immaculate suit, and expertly knotted tie. Except when I prefer a rumpled work shirt with the sleeve rolled up, and a great pair of beat to hell khakis.

I love a man who smells clean. I love it more when a man's skin is slick with honest sweat, gritty with honest dirt, and the scent of soap still clings to him under all of it.

And a well-suited lid never hurt. I despise a dandy -- a man obsessed with his own clothing, his own reflection can never fail to be poor company and thoroughly unengrossing. I like a man that can work for his living, and I don't mind if it shows once in a while. If a man takes care of his appearance, is well groomed and dressed in something that suits him and the occasion, his charm and personality will speak for him. The clothes are an after-thought, a garnish.

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I love a few looks. I love a man in a well tailored suit, but at the same time, I live in South Texas, so I don't see that ever happening.

I also like the wife-beater tank with rolled up jeans (the workin' man ;) ), slicked back hair for sure, especially with that pompador look and some sharp sideburns. My boyfriend wears it well.

And I think the best thing I've seen yet are bowling shirts and aloha shirts with slacks and wingtips. Heck, shorts even (where I live, shorts are most appropriate every day of the year).

I also love fedoras, but alas, I live in South Texas, and it's pretty much too hot to wear any kind of hat other than baseball hats, cowboy hats, or bucket hats.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
humblestumble said:
I also like the wife-beater tank with rolled up jeans (the workin' man ;) ), slicked back hair for sure, especially with that pompador look and some sharp sideburns. My boyfriend wears it well.

Ooh! I love this look.

Humblestumble, sounds like you need to get your boyfriend a panama hat! :)

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
Viola said:
Ooh! I love this look.

Humblestumble, sounds like you need to get your boyfriend a panama hat! :)

That WOULD look good, wouldn't it? I believe he likes the look of those also. I just need to find one in his size. He's got the largest head I've ever seen.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Sorry...

LizzieMaine said:
Absolutely. That whole no-undershirt thing works only if you are Clark Gable. And, with all due respect to the fine gents in the Lounge, there's no guy today who is.

...for butting in but I'd like to ask; is the *undershirt beneath a white dress shirt thing* an American thing? Not something I see much. It always looks goofy to me- being able to see it under the shirt. Too hot too. Where's the real need for it? You can't see through a good quality shirt- I don't see the point of it...

???

B
T

Caledonia

Practically Family
Bellytank. It might be. If you see a guy in the UK showing an undershirt (heavens don't even mention a string vest:eek: ) it's really rare. Even a tee under a shirt just doesn't happen. Sadly though, either look can really suck. Obvious undershirt showing through just doesn't quite make it. No undershirt, and thin material overshirt, well neither does that unless you're an Adonis. Good weight, good quality material and I reckon you can dump the undershirt.......unleeessss (and it's been said more than once in this thread!) you do the rolled up sleeves work shirt with undershirt peaking out of a loosened collar, and pants with belt or braces over solid "I work for a living" boots, with honest sweat, sexy eyes, and just that something, can't quite place it..... 'scuse me a minute, must get a glass of water... :D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Ignore Us, Ladies

I'm putting on the invisible cloak...

BT -

1. Longer life for the shirt worn over. Less contact with the naked ape underneath = less wear. Especially for a hairy "summer sweater," back fur sort of bloke.
2. Shirt isn't fouled by modern deoderants. If any staining is to occurr, it's on the much less expensive undershirt.
3. Ditto sweat. Cloth, over time, holds The Funk. And "We don't want the funk."* Undershirt gets funky, it becomes a furniture duster and the replacement is $5. Dress shirt gets funky, you'll wear it anyway and watch your friends go walkabouts.
4. It's cooler to wear an undershirt. 100% cotton undershirts wick away moisture and privide a layer of breathability. Perhaps not in a heavy, hot working situation, but in scenarios in which one is wearing a dress shirt, yes.
5. All of above refer to 100% cotton, crew neck, white undershirts, not the strappy kind, which work well under an Aloha. Under a dress shirt, they serve no purpose unless one has man boobs.

So it's a matter of function. Being with a woman and being called upon to remove one's shirt... no undershirt is 100% preferable. But in 99% of situations in which dress clothes are worn, that ain't gonna happen, epecially if one is married. :p

* Veronica Parra

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
scotrace said:
I'm putting on the invisible cloak...

BT -

1. Longer life for the shirt worn over. Less contact with the naked ape underneath = less wear. Especially for a hairy "summer sweater," back fur sort of bloke.
2. Shirt isn't fouled by modern deoderants. If any staining is to occurr, it's on the much less expensive undershirt.
3. Ditto sweat. Cloth, over time, holds The Funk. And "We don't want the funk."* Undershirt gets funky, it becomes a furniture duster and the replacement is $5. Dress shirt gets funky, you'll wear it anyway and watch your friends go walkabouts.
4. It's cooler to wear an undershirt. 100% cotton undershirts wick away moisture and privide a layer of breathability. Perhaps not in a heavy, hot working situation, but in scenarios in which one is wearing a dress shirt, yes.
5. All of above refer to 100% cotton, crew neck, white undershirts, not the strappy kind, which work well under an Aloha. Under a dress shirt, they serve no purpose unless one has man boobs.

So it's a matter of function. Being with a woman and being called upon to remove one's shirt... no undershirt is 100% preferable. But in 99% of situations in which dress clothes are worn, that ain't gonna happen, epecially if one is married. :p

* Veronica Parra

Exactly. If the gent is wearing a jacket, then you dont see the t. Its a shield as listed above. Plus, with all the underpinnings us ladies have worn (Ive had onwards of 5 layers) in the summer, an undershirt aint too much to ask.

LD

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Caledonia said:
.......unleeessss (and it's been said more than once in this thread!) you do the rolled up sleeves work shirt with undershirt peaking out of a loosened collar, and pants with belt or braces over solid "I work for a living" boots, with honest sweat, sexy eyes, and just that something, can't quite place it..... 'scuse me a minute, must get a glass of water... :D

Geez. I need to turn up the AC. Great description!

There have been several mentions of hair length, but for me it's the color that makes a difference. There needs to be at least a light sprinkling of gray along the sideburns, but all silver is hot too. It broke my heart to see a particularly attractive friend of mine douse his beautiful salt & peppered head in Grecian Formula. Unacceptable. Take notes on that one, boys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy