Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

altamari22

New in Town
The guys need to just watch a bunch of older movies with Rock Hudson, Cary Grant etc and imitate their look. There is nothing sexier than a well dressed man who is clean cut and looks like they take care of themselves.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Anyone else seeing Wanted this weekend to catch this scene? And the other 2 hours of hot hot McAvoy goodness?

wanted4.jpg

Classydame

One of the Regulars
l_10feb86479feb35b0e4f0a2508287513.jpg

Lola...sorry I missed your other posts...I too agree with you! He was an interesting man to say the least. I read a biography of him by his manager and have a copy of the auction catalog after his death. He had an eclectic collection of artwork and loved platinum jewelry. His home in Beverly Hills "Falcon Lair" was later purchased by Doris Duke and is still there. When I went there it was furnished with her things but it still had the great main doors that were put in by Valentino.

A very handsome man indeed!

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
BegintheBeguine - I don't blame you, I think I probably would have done the same thing!

Classydame - I'm reading a biography about him just now and he appears to have been a fascinating man. I read recently that Falcon Lair had been demolished, which I hope isn't true :(

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Classydame said:
His home in Beverly Hills "Falcon Lair" was later purchased by Doris Duke and is still there. When I went there it was furnished with her things but it still had the great main doors that were put in by Valentino.

Hating to break the bad news, but Falcon's Lair is gone from something I read several months ago. Someone bought it as a tear-down and did exactly that. But from previous articles on the estate, whoever bought it from the Duke estate had pretty well destroyed it doing some remodeling - ripping up the floors that used to be tango'ed on, breaking one large room into several smaller, etc.

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
I think most of my fellas have been mentioned previously, but I don't see any harm in more photos of them :p

james%20dean.gif

0,,5732614,00.jpg

I only really liked him in the Black Dahlia, but oh my! What a cutie!

Morrissey_468x436.jpg

JMA-350.jpg

chris.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
ShortClara said:
Anyone else seeing Wanted this weekend to catch this scene? And the other 2 hours of hot hot McAvoy goodness?

wanted4.jpg

Oh dear heavens. That completely made my Monday morning!:D And along with that accent...sigh. Perfection.

roots66

One of the Regulars
AmateisGal said:
Oh dear heavens. That completely made my Monday morning!:D And along with that accent...sigh. Perfection.

Re: McEvoy...Yeah, it was quite a (pleasant!) surprise to see him so ripped in Wanted! His character has an American accent, though.

ShortClara

One Too Many
roots66 said:
Re: McEvoy...Yeah, it was quite a (pleasant!) surprise to see him so ripped in Wanted! His character has an American accent, though.

I know! What does it take to hear the natural Scottish - geesh!?

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Off Topic...

Mike in Seattle said:
Hating to break the bad news, but Falcon's Lair is gone from something I read several months ago. Someone bought it as a tear-down and did exactly that. But from previous articles on the estate, whoever bought it from the Duke estate had pretty well destroyed it doing some remodeling - ripping up the floors that used to be tango'ed on, breaking one large room into several smaller, etc.

Oh that is too bad! In 1997, I had Thanksgiving in the kitchen. My step-father provided the 24 hour security for the Duke Estate. The house was a mixture of Doris' antique finds from all over of the world including a tent from Napoleans army. Not much left of Valentino but still had this eccentric vibe. My mom kept in contact for a little while with the new owner, a gentlemen from Atlanta. But I guess he didn't stay too long. It did need structural work, so I guess it was cheaper to demolish and begin again. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy