Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

Dutchess

Familiar Face
Jeremy Brett

Major crush on Jeremy Brett (1933-1995) in his role as Sherlock Holmes.
The eyes, the smile, the moves....
Great series too!

brett.jpg

Fan video of Brett laughing

Classydame

One of the Regulars
SayCiCi...Thanks for posting this, I forgot about these two. Oh, I love Persuasion...I watch it over and over! And Bing is the Greatest, I just love Holdiay Inn and Bells for St. Mary's, impure thoughts for a priest, shameful! :)

SayCici said:
bing_crosby_gallery_11.jpg

Anybody? I wouldn't say I'm attracted to him, I just love him to bits.

wentworth.jpg

More men in uniform. ;)

SayCici

Practically Family
Haha, Bells for St. Mary's is a great movie! I especially love Ingrid Bergman in it.

I just watched My Man Godfrey, so I felt the need to add William Powell:
23509095.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
HadleyH said:
One of the most handsome man in film history, Robert Taylor (1911-1969)...in fact, too pretty to really be called handsome... still [huh] ;)

mgm-portrait.jpg
My granddad looked very much like him, what a handsome man.

Gigi

New in Town
I know he's already been posted in this thread, but I just have to say I LOVE LAURENCE OLIVIER, especially in Rebecca. I have pictures of him all over the place. Luckily, my lovely beau doesn't mind him too much. I think he enjoys the fact that all of my crushes are dead.

I've actually just been lying in bed dreaming of Sir Olivier and wishing I was Joan Fontaine in this photo:

pic1x.jpg

cecil

A-List Customer
Slytherin said:
Peter Murphy

Peter+Murphy+1982.jpg

My current has bone structure like this. Mmmmm, pointy.

Here's a photo of me snapped with someone you may recognise at a club. No, it's not true, we're just close, personal friends! No cameras please!

4088731236_00d38165ab_o.jpg

VintageVixie

Ah, Errol. A favorite dreamboat. But if I saw a guy that good looking in real life today, I admit I'd go the other way. Nothing good can come of something so pretty. :p

For me, the biggest two factors in what makes a man a gent no matter what he's wearing?

1- His teeth must be brushed and clean, and his breath fresh. Crooked teeth are not the issue here, it's about cleanliness and presentability.

2- His hair must be clean. Even if it's freshly greased you can tell if it's clean or not.

Men who look like they haven't washed their hair or who don't have good oral hygiene just won't do it for me.

cecil

A-List Customer
VintageVixie said:
For me, the biggest two factors in what makes a man a gent no matter what he's wearing?

1- His teeth must be brushed and clean, and his breath fresh. Crooked teeth are not the issue here, it's about cleanliness and presentability.

2- His hair must be clean. Even if it's freshly greased you can tell if it's clean or not.

I was about to agree with you until I remembered that I smoke like a chimney and wear the same pincurl set for a week. Oops.

VintageVixie

cecil said:
I was about to agree with you until I remembered that I smoke like a chimney and wear the same pincurl set for a week. Oops.

:) Nobody said you have to hold yourself to the same standards... lol In any case, if you know you can use the same pin curl set and not look like or smell icky, then that's what matters. But I'm really picky about men's hair... I just love clean hair. lol

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I was on the verge of saying something about that Peter Murphy photo being far too gaunt and dramatic for me these days, but just before I did, I remembered the soft spot I had for the somnambulist in "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari", so really, I have no room to speak.
Carry on. ;)

Maybe tomorrow I'll take and post a photo of the young fellow I've crushed on since discovering him in a 1920s college yearbook.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo