Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handsome Fellas!

DigThatBeat

Familiar Face
Ramon Novarro was beautiful.
A30-9RamonNavarro.jpg
600full-ramon-novarro.jpg

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Why do men not dress like this in Ireland!!!!

Took me ages to find this thread or know where to put this pic. I was lamenting the lack of stylish men in Ireland compared to the men in Italy or some men should I say, who know how to dress. This isn't strictly vintage but the suit is quite 60s-ish in its fit. Swooooooon! For more of the same impeccably stylish Italian men check out the sartorialist
61610ItBling_2244Web.jpg

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
^^^^^ Don't think I like the gold jewellery. Nor do I think he is particularly handsome but I can overlook that because of the suit.

melancholy baby

New in Town
I like a man in a nice hat and for him to smell nice-but not too heavy on the cologne.
Anything Cary Grant wore was lovely because it was simple, classic, and fit well.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
bettydarling said:
Took me ages to find this thread or know where to put this pic. I was lamenting the lack of stylish men in Ireland compared to the men in Italy or some men should I say, who know how to dress. This isn't strictly vintage but the suit is quite 60s-ish in its fit. Swooooooon! For more of the same impeccably stylish Italian men check out the sartorialist
61610ItBling_2244Web.jpg
I hear you! Some of the italian guys on that site are really dishy, especially the more mature ones, not that i'm biased being Italian myself, but they have got it in spades!!!

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
Italian men are always well put together. I was there recently and had given a cousin of mine red Nike running shoes as a gift. He promptly wore them with dress pants and shirt to work as an engineer the next day and looked fantastic. Of-course the beautiful Italian sunglasses and carefree attitude helped, haha. Here in Canada runners are for the gym, in Italy they are part of a well dressed ensemble.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
My family live on the coast near Florence and i love just sitting outside a cafe for breakfast or an aperitif and just watching them parade by in all their finery. They just seem to have an innate sense of how to put clothes together really well in a classic, without being stuffy kind of a way. Nonchalant elegance haha. I kind of like the effortless glamour the girls have too, you can wear diamonds, full makeup and mules with bunches of fruit on at breakfast if you so desired, and noone would bat an eyelid, glamour is encouraged and applauded, it's a given, i love that, again because they do the 'more is more' thing with some kind of innate style. If i wore that kind of get up outside where i live they would probably come for me with flaming torches and pitchforks!;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I think this guy is a hottie. For real.

0.jpg

I like his goofy looks and the fact that he is animated and goofy on the commercials.

Eve Hepburn

New in Town
I'm coming into this thread super late, so maybe someone's already mentioned him.. but even if they have, he deserves another mention! William Powell-- swoon.
Before I'd seen any of his films, I thought 'meh.' But now that I know what an amazing gentleman he was, how witty, funny, and charming.. Oh man, I just die.

WilliamPowell.jpg

William_Powell_in_Libeled_Lady_trailer.jpg

Also, Robert Taylor:

RobertTaylorUse.jpg

And do I even need to mention Cary Grant again? Isn't he so fabulous that he's just a given? He's so wonderful it hurts.

cary-grant.jpg

I love an intelligent gentleman with a suit and a smile!

HepKitty

One Too Many
I gotta say, HadleyH you have excellent taste!

I admit I like the pretty ones but I don't think I could date a guy like that

Eion Bailey, especially hot in Band of Brothers

this is a nice photo, not sure if anyone has mentioned South Pacific since I've not sorted through all 78 pages yet but the guy in the stew pot shirt is especially hot. whoever he is

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
GEEEEZ! *HOT* I totally "get it"!! I go for the ugly guys -- "Prettyboys" do absolutely nothing for me. :D

Yes, I must say, I "get it" (the attraction for Colin Clive) too, being quite susceptible to "unconventional" charms. My first love was Peter Lorre! Both George E. Stone and Edward G. Robinson make my heart skip a beat...it's great when they're both in the same film!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^That's the beauty of it all, that we hafe such different tastes and preferences! That way we don't have to fight over the same fellows. Some like pretty, some ugly, some old, some young, some skinny, som buff, some hairy, som smooth, some brown eyes, some blue eyes, som curls, some bald heads, some masculine features, some feminine, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner