Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handy repro vintage flight jacket maker websites

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
That's a decent resource, Paddy-could that be made a 'sticky' at the head of the forum to direct people to? Would save having to post links every time someone else wants flight jacket info.

MB17

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Good idea, Mikey...

Also, let's think about providing some general feedback about some of these vendors. I have experience with several of them at this point and would certainly be willing to share my view of their merchandise and/or customer service.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Good show!

that's a great idea. I'm new to collecting flight jackets,still waiting for my new Aero 1942 contract reproduction to arrive. It would be very interesting to hear some reviews from everyone here. Sefton

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fair point boys!

When I have a moment spare, I'll look at having this (list of vendors) as a 'permanent' resource, easily accessed at the top of our Club Room here! Any personal feedback on vendors is fine as always, but just pop it into this running thread please :) . Great suggestions guys! thankYOU. :cheers1:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Kit Contacts reference section up and running.

Thanks guys, what a great idea! I've rushed out a few contacts for everyone to reference at their leisure and there should be enough info among that lot. But 'as and when' new ones come along, I'll add them. And feel free to FLAG UP any ones you come across that you feel folk visiting this club room would find of use. Or PM me with the info, I'll have a squint at it and if appropriate, it'll get posted in the reference section ASAP...SIMPLE AS PIE!

Hope you all find it useful, it's your room guys and your idea...so THANKS!

jake431

Practically Family
Here's a quick pic of me in my new 1940 contract Aero A-2. They were great help getting the correct fit. Can't say enough good things about them

IMG_0679.jpg

-Jake

shamus

Suspended
Jake,

looks great! I also went with the seal and rust color.

Now just sleep, shower, eat and live in it and it'll look great in about 3 years!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Jake,
Beautiful jacket! Is it standard or did you ask for any options? i.e., silk lining, NOS zipper etc...
I'm still waiting for the Aero 1942 contract in Seal brown horsehide to arrive. I ordered it from their U.S. Rep. Mark. Again, looks like a killer A-2. Cheers!
Sefton

jake431

Practically Family
Shamus, Sefton:

Thanks! It's a basically standard 1940 contract - a little trimmer than the 1942 contract, and it has a collar stand. I had them add 1/2 inch to the body length. I wish the color photographed well - it's actually their new standard "russet" and the cuffs are their "caramel" color, but the jacket photographs dark and the knits come out more rust colored than they actually are. It's got the standard cotton lining.

The hide really is beautiful, and I believe sourced from Horween Leather here in Chicago - how strange is that?

-Jake

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
stunning Jake!!

Looks like Kate Moss has competition when you hit the cat-walk!! Looking good, looking keen, you lean-man fightin machine!
Sefton, be great to see your new piece of hide when it comes through too.

Isn't WAITING a KILLER..!!