Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanger for heavy Leather Jacket

IXL

One Too Many
For the really large, heavy jackets some of us have, Aerostitch offers a "shoulder Saver" hanger that is up to the job. These are the largest hangers I've ever seen and they are a full five inches wide, have a rubber-bumpered swiveling hook, and feature a nice slope so as to not damage the shoulder/sleeve juncture . And, they can even be inverted for use as a canoe in the event of flooding.
You big guys that want a hanger for your 20lb coat, this is your baby!

InLikeFlynn

Familiar Face
Just took a look see at those Aerostitch hangers that IXL mentioned above; wow, those would be great for my size 48 leather jackets! I'd prefer the look of wood but these really seem perfect, expensive yes, but these jackets are pretty special to us so it looks like a good investment. Made in USA too.

IXL: or anyone for that matter, has anyone actually used these hangers?
http://www.aerostich.com/review/product/list/id/1593/category/385/?p=2

IXL

One Too Many
^^^^I actually have five or six of them. When hanging in a closet, holding up a jacket, it looks like the invisible man is wearing the garment. Yes, they do take a bit of space.

I have room now that I've scaled back the collection. Proper hangers for my 1/2 cow/horses are a must. I've even had two of them break due to the weight lol

IXL

One Too Many
The heaviest wooden hangers I've found, which I too prefer over plastic, are from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project. Item description: 75G185NB Men's Jacket Hanger Set of 3 - 18.5" (item code: HPD-0632). These work very well for the lighter jackets one might have. I have slowly been replacing most of my other hangers with these: six each, every other month. Compared to anything other than the Aerostitch they are quite wide and jacket-filling.
But for the really heavy and/or large stuff get the Shoulder Saver, even if it is plastic,err, I mean "space age polymer!" Yes, that's what it is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy