Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Birthday Marines - Semper Fi!

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
ATTENTION ON DECK: HAPPY 233rd BIRTHDAY

ATTENTION ON DECK:

To all Leathernecks, Jarheads, Devil Dogs, Gyrenes and all of the rest of “Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER GREEN
11/10/1775 to 11/10/2008

Below are some Great Birthday Greetings from Bob Parsons of GoDaddy. If You Love the Corp, You will want to watch them

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/usmc2007.asp?isc=gdm1113
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/usmc2006/playmovie.asp?se=+
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/usmc/2005.asp?isc=gdg1110
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/usmc.asp?isc=gdf1110

And now a Few Pictures

Semper Fi

156080415bkUNMz_fs.jpg

1233035766_75b24a5bb9.jpg

1313706171_7a4685b77e.jpg

TellThattotheMarinesWWII-fullinit_.jpg

156081105GzPvbq_fs.jpg

PlatoonSgt_RichardCPeeples.jpg

Alway had the best Hats !!!!!

MPW00082.jpg

sugarcoat.jpg

mn_fallujah2.jpg

MPW00078.jpg

Attn Bartenders I realize this may not Proper place for this and if you decide to move it, I will understand.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
THANK YOU FROM AN ACTIVE DUTY MARINE CURRENTLY SERVING IN IRAQ

This is my first Marine Corps Birthday away from home in eight years (I was in Japan from 95-2000, but I was single, so that doesn't count) and my wifes first time missing the Marine Corps Ball in just as many years. The weekend's been busy here in Iraq with many Marine Corps Birthday sports events. Tomorrow is the Marine Coprs Birthday 10k. I hope to finish in under fifty mintues. We ran one here in April and I finished at 46:23. Tomorrow is not just a special day for the Marines, but also for the other services on base as we are all allotted two beers in celebration of our birthday. I, however, will not partake as it seems like more of a hassle than anything - time constraints, watch shifts, etc. I said to hell with it and let my Marines enjoy themselves.

Thank you for all your support TFL!!

Sleep well America, the Marines (Army, Air Force and Navy) have your back!

Semper Fidelis and OOH RAH!!!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
marineabilly said:
Thanks a bunch!!

How odd is this - I'm in a combat zone, though I'm extremely nervous about the 10k tomorrow morning. Perhaps an indicator of how much better its gotten here? I don't know... [huh]
:eek:fftopic: Is there anything you need there supply wise that you can't get over there? You can answer in PM if ya want.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Happy Birthday

Its my Dads 70th Birthday today... and he is a Marine!

Being a Marine is a state of mind. It is an experience some have likened more to a calling than a profession. Being a Marine is not a job – not a paycheck; it is not an occupational specialty. It is not male or female, majority or minority; nor is it a rank insignia. Stars, bars, or chevrons are only indicators of the responsibility or authority we hold at a given time. Rather, being a Marine comes from the eagle, globe, and anchor that is tattooed on the soul of every one of us who wears the Marine Corps uniform. It is a searing mark in our innermost being which comes after the rite of passage through boot camp or Officer Candidates School when a young man or woman is allowed for the first time to say, “I’m a United States Marine.” And unlike physical or psychological scars, which, over time, tend to heal and fade in intensity, the eagle, globe, and anchor only grow more defined – more intense – the longer you are a Marine. "Once a Marine, always a Marine."

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
God bless all past, present, and future Marines; we all live and sleep safer because of your sacrifices. Never think you are forgotten at home, the nation and all of us individually owe it all to you and your brother services!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

P.S.--My Marine stepson returned safely home from LAV patrol duty in Rahwa, Iraq in November last year.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Good morning, ALL

Finished the Marine Corps Birthday 10k earlier this morning here in Iraq - 44:50. I beat my last time of 46:23. Getting ready to enjoy the traditional Marine Corps "DFAC" (Dining Facility - the military uses any excuse to use acronyms) lunch of steak and lobster. It's a good day here... "YUT!!!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran