Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Cinco de Mayo !

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Celebrating the 1862 Battle of Puebla, when Mexican troops defeated a foreign usurper's army. The victory has been celebrated in California continuously since 1863.

Enjoy this cool view of Mexico in 1941: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TzfulCORgM

The Cinco de Mayo is Southern California's answer to St. Patrick's Day. Mexican or not, we end up going to cantinas and having too many tequilas and margaritas.

donCarlos

Practically Family
And exactly as in case of St. Patrick´s Day, nobody wanted to celebrate with me...

Anyway... Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Cricket

Practically Family
My husband and I may not be headed to the cantina, but we will have some margaritas on the front porch swing to celebrate, watching the sun go down. It may not sound as exciting, but you can't go wrong with good conversation and smooth drinks.

ortega76

Practically Family
We (my Mom, my Brother, his girl and me) celebrated with a long lunch at a local establishment. I didn't drink but I enjoyed the specials and got to watch the game on tv while we ate.

Dame tacos o dame la muerte.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Sink-O-De-Mayo-2007-MEL.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Fletch said:

Fletch, you know what the traditional saying is about someone who would stoop to a pun...there must be an even lower level for those who stoop to....visual puns.

Great.

I think I need a Michelada now. Or maybe a few, until the searing image is expunged from my cerebral cortez. Oh, sorry: corteX.

"Skeet"

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
JennyLou said:
yum..tequila and margaritas!!! Too bad I'm one of the few Mexicans who do not party today.

There must be a story there...and I hope it's a happy one. Oh well: the rest of us will just have to take up the slack, even the Irish-Americans among us (ahem)....¡Viva la Brigada de San Patricio! (insert Grida here) ;)

"Skeet"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran