Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Justin B

One Too Many
My theory is that alcohol doesn't change you, it simply makes you who you really are. It takes away all those carefully held masks that we put on to hide who we really are from the world. It simply enhances what's on the inside and turns off those controls we put on ourselves.

That said, I'm neither. I don't really change when I drink, other than my Irish accent comes out a bit.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It simply enhances what's on the inside and turns off those controls we put on ourselves.

Agreed! Seeing someone drunk really gives you an insight into their true character. My parents had a barbecue last weekend, and they invited my mum and her twin sister's friend from childhood over. I've met the guy a few times, and I liked him.

Then he drank 17 beers.

He became loud, argumentative, and completely dominated the group conversations. I discovered he's also an expert on everything from right-wing politics to antiques (he overwound and nearly broke my 85 year old gramophone.) By 1.30am, after he had fought with everyone, he was ordering people around and not showing signs of leaving until his wife dragged him out of the house.

I've since seen him sober, and I know now that it wasn't just the alcohol talking. It only amplified his existing characteristics. It's true of most people.

Kabel

Familiar Face
[QOUTE]It only amplified his existing characteristics. It's true of most people.[/QOUTE]

I hardly drink anymore. Enjoy one or two glasses of Bailey's on occasion (more like once a month). I got tired of the headaches and being sick, so I decided to cut on drinking.

I tend to get a bit heavy when I drink a bit much. Never mean, but also never super happy or busy, just pessimistic.

rue

My theory is that alcohol doesn't change you, it simply makes you who you really are. It takes away all those carefully held masks that we put on to hide who we really are from the world. It simply enhances what's on the inside and turns off those controls we put on ourselves.

That said, I'm neither. I don't really change when I drink, other than my Irish accent comes out a bit.

True... I'm just like I am on here, but being in front of people makes me shy [huh]

Funny, I always get mistaken for being southern when I drink, but I'm not.

Agreed! Seeing someone drunk really gives you an insight into their true character. My parents had a barbecue last weekend, and they invited my mum and her twin sister's friend from childhood over. I've met the guy a few times, and I liked him.

Then he drank 17 beers.

He became loud, argumentative, and completely dominated the group conversations. I discovered he's also an expert on everything from right-wing politics to antiques (he overwound and nearly broke my 85 year old gramophone.) By 1.30am, after he had fought with everyone, he was ordering people around and not showing signs of leaving until his wife dragged him out of the house.

I've since seen him sober, and I know now that it wasn't just the alcohol talking. It only amplified his existing characteristics. It's true of most people.

Wow..... :eeek:

olive bleu

One Too Many
I can't really pick one. How i behave entirely depends on what I've been drinking:

1.) Wine- Wine is good. I am always happy with a glass of wine. or 2. or 3. or the bottle. probably after I the finish the bottle, i will fall asleep.

2.) Beer- Hardly counts. I never get drunk on beer. 2 beer and i feel full and can't drink anymore. Only good as a beverage with fried food.

3.) Bourbon- When i drink Bourbon, i want to share. Everyone in the room should be drinking bourbon. I repeat myself and am better with strangers, but i have a feeling they are smiling at me to be kind, because nothing I'm saying makes any sense whatsoever. But they're drinking my bourbon, so of course they're smiling.

4.) Gin- I spill secrets. Luckily only my own, but I mean secrets that really I should be taking to the grave. So there are a few people out there that i pray i never, ever run into again. Ever.

5.) Tequilla- I am inappropriate, obnoxious, and often become very sick. We have never been friends tequilla and I. In fact, i believe the last time I had a shot of tequilla in my hand , i raised my glass and toasted debauchery, threw up in my neighbours chair and caught his BBQ on fire.

Luckily, with age comes wisdom (hopefully) and my Gin and Tequila days are more than a decade behind me...so it's usually a couple glasses of wine or a beer now and then..But I'm always happy :)

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Just wine for me.
I actually get energetic to a point if I'd had a bit too much.
So if I've had a bit too much, I tend to work around the house.
My wife doesn't mind. :D
But if I sit for about 20 minutes, I'm out.
I do it for medicinal reasons, but every so often it hits me a bit harder than usual.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I can't really pick one. How i behave entirely depends on what I've been drinking:

1.) Wine- Wine is good. I am always happy with a glass of wine. or 2. or 3. or the bottle. probably after I the finish the bottle, i will fall asleep.

2.) Beer- Hardly counts. I never get drunk on beer. 2 beer and i feel full and can't drink anymore. Only good as a beverage with fried food.

3.) Bourbon- When i drink Bourbon, i want to share. Everyone in the room should be drinking bourbon. I repeat myself and am better with strangers, but i have a feeling they are smiling at me to be kind, because nothing I'm saying makes any sense whatsoever. But they're drinking my bourbon, so of course they're smiling.

4.) Gin- I spill secrets. Luckily only my own, but I mean secrets that really I should be taking to the grave. So there are a few people out there that i pray i never, ever run into again. Ever.

5.) Tequilla- I am inappropriate, obnoxious, and often become very sick. We have never been friends tequilla and I. In fact, i believe the last time I had a shot of tequilla in my hand , i raised my glass and toasted debauchery, threw up in my neighbours chair and caught his BBQ on fire.

Luckily, with age comes wisdom (hopefully) and my Gin and Tequila days are more than a decade behind me...so it's usually a couple glasses of wine or a beer now and then..But I'm always happy :)
lol lol lol lol lol

RichardH

One of the Regulars
I'm a happy drunk. I've yet to find myself in a drunken brawl (I have better things to do, haha) of any kind, so I guess I'm a happy drunk.
I'm a no-nonsense kinda guy, so I don't really blow sunshine up anyones ass, that can get me into trouble when I'm drunk, but so be it :p

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
I'm a pretty happy person drunk or sober. At age fifty-six, I seldom stray beyond the second beer or glass of wine. I was quite the party-animal up to my early-forties. About that time I discovered that I could have fun doing things that didn't revolve around having a drink in my hand. Now I drink in a year what I used to on a good weekend, but I can still hang with the big boys if I'm of a mind to.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am not much of a drunk, but a gin rickey doesn't hurt helping me out onto the dance floor, and I recently discovered a little whiskey relaxes me and makes my pool game better.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Drinking ALWAYS makes my pool game better ;)
Mmmmm, pool games...

marilyn.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn