Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Drunk/Mean Drunk

Are you a happy drunk or mean drunk

• Happy drunk - I love the world when I'm tight

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Mean drunk - Don't cross my path

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Ande1964

Practically Family
I'm a very happy and funny drunk. Actually, I'm pretty good at not getting drunk, but at maintaining a good buzz over a long night out.

It's my goal in life... living like Nick Charles, with the next martini always at hand. If I could just figure out a way to trade my job for the occasional detective gig.

Anj

drjones

A-List Customer
mean or happy..?

Im happy to report I have only been SNOCKERED twice in my life. Both times I recall well enough to know I dont want to be anymore. :)

Buzzed.....sure....drunk....NAH. :)

DRJONES

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I get happy drunk! (And off course exremely entertaining and funny, at least as I remmmber it.) I wouldn't drink if it did make me cranky, sad or mean.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Brinybay said:
I didn't vote because at the ripe young age of 54, I can't stay awake long enough to find out anymore. :(

lol I feel the same way but I'm 18 years younger!

I'm generally a happy drunk. At my worst I'm the intolerant drunk, who can't take bad manners, and then I become the ill mannered drunk myself.

Then I fall asleep.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Oh, I am very, very happy. But then,at some magical point , late into the party I hit the proverbial wall, and i am so sleepy It is suddenly just all over for me.One minute I am having a ball and the next I am grabbing my coat and my friends are saying,"where did she go?".I so desperately need to sleep that I have left parties without even telling anyone I was going. It is only a matter of time before i reach the point where I walk into a room, take 2 sips of my martini and fall fast asleep in my chair.lol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
How Is It I Am Just Discovering This Thread?

Happy drunk here!

"When I was in college, I was called "two beers Lightner" for a good reason. One beer and I had a buzz, two beers and I was up dancing on the table with a lampshade on my head. My kind of drinker is also called a "cheap drunk." Can't have too much of the stuff.

Remember, most of the parties I attended when I was in college were given by fellow drama majors. Nobody throws a party like theatre people!

So, I am a happy drunk: beer makes me into a wahoo party girl and martinis make me sophistocated and witty. But, if I drink more than two drinks I get funny, silly and may fall asleep. More than that and I can get alcohol poisoning.

The sickest I ever got was when I was 24 and drank: five vodka gimlets, two beers, and ate three pieces of lemon chocolate cake. I won't tell you more than that, except I woke up on my bathroom floor sick as a dog.

It took me two years to drink beer again. To this day, I won't drink gimlets and don't like vodka.

Also, I limit myself to two drinks, just enough to get a good buzz. And fall asleep smiling.

karol

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Really it depends on what I'm drinkin.
Whiskey,look out. Wine, goodnight. But good old Bombay Saphire and tonic and I'm the best friend you never wanted.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
I tend to become the perfect host, cracking quick jokes and telling funny stories with a cigarette in my hand. My friends say that i become a mix of a member of the rat pack, and an italian mobster.

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
That last time I was truly plastered (at a friend's housewarming party...lots of vodka, rum, tequila, jager, and so much more) I turned out to be a laid back, quiet drunk. Just chilling and mixing.

funneman

Practically Family
I was always a happy drunk. In the old days I could drink and stay up all night.

But I don't hit the sauce as much as I used to.

One reason is now I can't seem to stay awake after I've had several belts.

The other reason is, if someone wakes me up, I turn into the meanest of drunks.

I hate being that way.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Generally, I am a very happy, social drunk. The only exception is tequila. For some reason, it makes me very mean.

Drew B

One of the Regulars
Me?

I'm a happy drunk, but unless I'm 'very' drunk, most people can never tell. I don't really change a whole lot. However i do tend to go on quests when drunk. Lots of great, long, quests, usually involving food too.

OTOH i also get rather thoughtful, philosophical and occasionally judging. I tend to dislike people who try very hard to impress others. Not to say i get angry at them, i just go very quiet when they're around. A bit silly really.

I was out last night and then after a fair few drinks, i traveled to the city, crossed the harbor bridge, walked to the city central and came home. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn