Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harley Davidson Momoa series by Vanson

Edward

Bartender
I've seen a rear pocket like that somewhere before.... Can't recall where. It's an interesting enough idea in theory, but I can't imagine it being especially practical in use. Fine for stowing gloves, I suppose (if adequately sized) but far too vulnerable to a decent pickpocket that it would be any practical use for stowing anything of any value.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think a D-pocket is nonsense.
But on previous touring jackets I had already seen a large compartment on the back as a map pocket. Depending on the seating position on the bike, it may well be more pleasant to have the pocket in the back and get the map out from there.
Presumably, however, hardly anyone will ride around with paper maps today.

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
A long time ago, in a different time....

Bar hopping was the sport and the ability to get home under self induced challenging conditions was the prerequisite.

The ladies were equally interested in this pursuit. Some of us were so unappealing that they needed much more mood enhancements.

An unsung safety feature of these rough hewn motorcycles was a tall sissy bar that the passenger could lean back on.

Once the passenger was comfortably leaned back on the bar, the helpful rider would place his leather jacket onto the passenger....with the zipper in the back, with the sissy bar under it. This effectively held the passenger firmly in position. No worries of passing out and falling off.

That pocket on the back of that jacket was there for her to stash her lipstick.

Last edited:
Thing is, i don't know what the "classic" is in this case...
To me this just looks like someone who knew nothing about leather jackets mixed together a bunch of randome leather jacket features and then just slapped a Harley Davidson label on it and gave it a vague connection to a "cool hairy guy the kids like" to give it value and appeal.

This has no link to any historical HD models, no links to any Vanson historical Models, it's just a hodge podge of randome crap thrown together.
The D pocket in the back is IMO moronic and the leather looks like cheap 80s jacket printed crap.

+1 to hating it.

Baba Voss will have words with you for calling him hairy.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I believe some of the classic Buco models had pockets towards the rear of the jacket.
Yes and not just Buco (e.g. Grais and Indian Motorcycle have those too) but they are inside/underneath the side panel and not a big patch in the back like this.
I've seen a rear pocket like that somewhere before.... Can't recall where. It's an interesting enough idea in theory, but I can't imagine it being especially practical in use. Fine for stowing gloves, I suppose (if adequately sized) but far too vulnerable to a decent pickpocket that it would be any practical use for stowing anything of any value.
Looks like some weird experimental copies done by Chinese factories that one can find on Taobao. Actually reminds me of Cidu's leather copy of FW's aviator vest.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points