Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has Anyone Seen a Schott 135?

South

One of the Regulars
Hello all,

New here and have enjoyed reading lots of info.

Has anyone seen one of the Schott 135 jackets, as pictured here? It's described as pebbled cowhide. Anyone have any experiences with this jacket they would care to share? Is it a heavy or lightweight leather jacket? Is it warm? etc.

135blkfrt.jpg

135brnbck.jpg

From here:
http://www.schottnyc.com/products/lifestyle/street/casual-weekend-pebbled-cowhide-leather.htm

Thanks.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
yes...yES...YESSS!!!

i have the precursor to the 135 listed in the classified section...it was a 681 schott and was discontinued in 1995...the only difference between it and the 135 is the back, which is the less expensive to construct 3-piece back on the current 135 versus the 681's famed 1-piece back

please let me plug myself for anyone wishing this jacket...the 1995 schott #681 i am selling is new old stock, worn several times with no signs of wear, and it's size 48 (more specific inch counts at the link in the classifieds posting)

back to the question at hand...again, both jackets are the same except the 681 has the 1-piece back...it is not the heaviest jacket one can find, but it is a solid decent weight...and while it is often advertised as for very cold weather, it is not a hot jacket...i'd say slightly, but definitely, warmer than a g-1...i live in L.A. calif (yeah, thanks for the condolences) and this jacket is great starting in november through april, though in jan and feb you will need to add a sweater...so not overly heavy, and not overly hot, but a jacket that will give lay-down protection if you ride a bike, and give you more warmth than a-2 and g-1 jackets

i'm not selling the one i personally have, but this new old stock one a relative bought that is slightly too big for him...i don't need two

the leather is indeed rugged, and would last several lifetimes...and, the reason i love it...and as many people know from my ad nauseum posting on the issue, it is virtually a dead ringer for a ww2 german luftwaffe jacket (or french freedom fighter jacket as some politically correct folks here prefer)...i'm crazeee for this style of jacket, so for me this schott is a true classic...

however, the 135, because of it's 3-piece back, doesn't make the grade as a luftwaffe or 'highwayman' style jacket, and is a sad replacement for a great jacket...now all that schott has left in this style with a 1-piece back is their 689 horsehide, which is extremely close to the cowhide 681...as the numbering suggests...but that is over $600

p.s. also, the older 681 is a bit shorter and the breast pocket is slanted in the older 681, both features a la the actual luftwaffian style...and for those who may be starting to wonder, no, i don't wish germany had won ww2...i'm a fan of style, not fascism

Fiver64

Practically Family
Schott vs. Michelin Man

I had a similar SCHOTT model with the same lining and sleeves. Quality was very good, but the whole thing gave a very "puffy" feel due to the over-thickness of the quilted lining and (as stated above) the over-sizing of the sleeves. All-in-all it was not the look or feel I wanted, so I dumped it almost immediately. For the money, wait for a nice pre-owned AERO or a VANSON ENFIELD, COMET or MERCURY. Just my opinion!

South

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up trying it out and it is kind of baggy and didn't fit me.

I'm going the Vanson Enfield route and see how that goes. (The Vanson Model B with shirt collar looks good, too.)

Of course, that Langlitz Crescent with the A-2/shirt collar sure sounds good, too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav