Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Cleaning Services

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Yea, Cleanahat!

Just got my favorite fishin' hat back from cleanahat.com. Cleaned and new leather sweatband installed plus shipping for $70. That may sound expensive but it puts another twenty plus years of fishin' trips on the ol' lid and that's a lot cheaper than buying a new Akubra. :cool:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I was going to post and see if anyone has used his services. What was the lead time? That said, do any of you have any before and after photos of your Cleanahat services?

Fur felt, to be specific.

drv

New in Town
Hat Cleaning in North Carolina

I'm looking for a place that does hat cleaning in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Triangle area of North Carolina. I located one in Durham via Google (name escapes me now) but they don't answer phone calls and appear to be out of business. If anyone can give me a pointer to someone who can clean my panama hat I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Dennis

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
For future reference, there is an "ask a question, get an answer" thread stickied at the top of the forum which is best for questions like this to avoid too much board clutter.

You might also check out Optimo Hats in Chicago for cleaning services.

drv

New in Town
Alive, thanks for the pointer. It sounds like you are satisfied with their service.

Jared, thanks for the gentle reminder about the better place for questions like this as well as the Optimo pointer. This was my first post and, I'll admit, I didn't look for the thread you mentioned. I'll use that in the future.

Dennis

Last edited:

Kwekwe Karu

New in Town
off to Go or in brothers

Heading to Goorin Brothers to get an eBay purchase cleaned. Sold as a top hat but sure looks like a Pork Pie to me ;) $9.50 investment

Kwekwe Karu

New in Town
Dropped off at Goorin brothers Park slope. Low top hat like the White Rabbit. May have been a better EBay snag than I thought at $9.50

Kwekwe Karu

New in Town
Here's a picture of my Ebay snag. image.jpg

B1ggles

Familiar Face
Does anyone know of any hat cleaning/refurbing services in the UK? I'm sure there would be several in London, but I'm in Eastern England and it seems to be a hatter's desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael