Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Epiphany

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I am very happy with the grail hat I got from moon, and I'm done for a while.
I am extremely happy with the hats I got from Moon. Extremely proud.
Steven's hats are European, and they give me the same kind of envy I feel when I see a guy hit a 350 yard drive down the middle of the fairway.
And I am just starting out in this hat thing...

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I am extremely happy with the hats I got from Moon. Extremely proud.
Steven's hats are European, and they give me the same kind of envy I feel when I see a guy hit a 350 yard drive down the middle of the fairway.
And I am just starting out in this hat thing...

If Steven or Stefan had a 7 5/8 head I’d be planning a little grand theft. Actually, your working yourself onto that list with all you recent acquisitions.

I say I’m ready to thin down, and I do like the idea of it, but I bought one on eBay today, commissioned another custom yesterday and I’m on the fence with ordering another, and two hats are in New York going through customs. My “thinning the herd” is actually limiting growth to 2-6 hats a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
If Steven or Stefan had a 7 5/8 head I’d be planning a little grand theft. Actually, your working yourself onto that list with all you recent acquisitions.

I say I’m ready to thin down, and I do like the idea of it, but I bought one on eBay today, commissioned another custom yesterday and I’m on the fence with ordering another, and two hats are in New York going through customs. My “thinning the herd” is actually limiting growth to 2-6 hats a month.

We could still steal them and set up an online "Brent & Max's closet". Wonder what it's like to be chased by Interpol.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I was having some fun. I will speed up and I will slow down as usual. Also my interest goes beyond just the hats. I am just as interested in finding an old book that contains lost in time production processes.
If I find the encyclopedia of lost in time production processes, will you trade it for your Hückel clipper?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony--same for me. I've unloaded about 40 hats over the last year and a half, keeping the thin and mid-ribbons that fit me well. I have about 15 or so keepers and a few beaters. The money went to guitars. The wife is asking questions again, but she likes hearing music, so I suppose I'm good.
great to see you Michael
glad you have continued your path of music
I as well treated myself to a beautiful set of 1964 Rogers drums with some of the hat money

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought about this topic for a while. But I guess I had my hat epiphany in 1971. I saved all summer for a real hat. The western store had Stetsons, Resistols, and Beaver brand. Most hats were $25-$30. They had a Beaver brand marked down to $16, sold! My first fur felt. This started my appreciation for good hats, and led to me getting a job at a western store. There I got to work on hats everyday, until I needed to make money!
Ever seen such an ugly kid? There's a reason I wear a beard!
8e592cbbb181eda5d162eb59da88fc5e.jpg
bbf506996b1198a58ea4e1d2c90d96c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have been contemplating being "done" with my collecting for about a year now. For me the fun of collecting is discerning which style/colour/age of hats are the most appealing to me. I never set out to accumulate a room full of hats.....however that is what I have accomplished and along the way discovered in real time my likes and dislikes. So now that I have about one of every colour/style/era I set out to accumulate there makes little sense to me to continue merely to duplicate or triplicate that which I already have in the collection. There are def hats that I wear regularly and those that are neglected in the closet but I do enjoy owning them SO I am not quite ready to pare the collection down just yet but I am pretty much done with the hunt. Makes me quite sad actually! Going through what Moon just did gives me the shivers....sort of a Sophie's Choice only with fedoras and not children.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Just posted this in the What Hat Are You Waiting For Today thread, but I thought it was relevant to this one, so I am copying it here.

Happy, happy.
I just bought this vintage Hardeman.
It was on Moon's Instagram page, and I thought it was one of the hats that I couldn't get from his sell-off, and I was a little put out about it. It was different, because of the texture.

I guess Moon must have sold it before, because I saw it on eBay and clicked on the "Buy it Now" button, without placing a bid. I didn't want to run the risk of it escaping me a second time. :)
Now I just have to track down the other 130 hats that got away. :D
f760ac1a984fd8018775462e31fe5cd1.jpg
ce103afa82b44d08dfce6fb58d5e95b2.jpg
cd4575902be7de0d56d9687edae0229e.jpg
38fa36d47f8600b8cf1e569e1c8be8fb.jpg

Just posted this in the What Hat Are You Waiting For Today thread, but I thought it was relevant to this one, so I am copying it here.

Happy, happy.
It was on Moon's Instagram page, and I thought it was one of the hats that I couldn't get from his sell-off, and I was a little put out about it. It was different, because of the texture.

I guess Moon must have sold it before, because I saw it on eBay and clicked on the "Buy it Now" button, without placing a bid. I didn't want to run the risk of it escaping me a second time. :)

This makes me wonder how many consumer goods being made today will survive and be passed down while still being functional. I also wonder how many owners this hat has had and what stories it could tell. A great find, Max.

RJR

Happy, happy.

Beauty.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I was having some fun. I will speed up and I will slow down as usual. Also my interest goes beyond just the hats. I am just as interested in finding an old book that contains lost in time production processes.
When I say to myself, looking at two closets full of hats, and a dozen boxes just as full, it's time to finish it, usually I find some new hat that interests me. Also this summer went like this, despite my goodwill .....

Happy, happy.

That hat is worthy of being considered a Holy Grail hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ