Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat slang

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Before our latest election to parliament the political editor and commentator of one of our main TV-stations claimed, that if the new party "Liberal Alliance" would pass the limit and get in, he would eat his old hat.

Well, that actually happened, and the rest of the staff more than willingly let him prove his trustworthiness. The editor/commentator is the guy in the light blue sweater - and the (very supportive) chef is the guy to the right. He explains:

"I cut out a straw hat and boiled it for 12 hours and shifted the water four times to finally make it tasteless - and to be sure any additives were boiled out. Then it was braised in red wine - and a cherry tomato sauce with celery and carrot were added. When done the dish was sprinkled with gremolata".

Risotto and a bottle of Italian Barolo provided the "grease" to help it slide down the drain. They claim it smells great, tastes okay, but that the hat feels a bit like cooked shoelaces. Toothpicks and/or floss are appropriate - if not necessary - accessories. Bon appetite! :D

PS: Just found the preparations here. I know it's all in Danish, and most of you don't understand the words. Sorry, can't help much there :)

Last edited:

mingoslim

Practically Family
Jimmy McHugh and Dorothy Fields had the right idea . . .

Grab your coat and get your hat
Leave your worries on the doorstep
Life can be so sweet
On the sunny side of the street

John Galt

Vendor
When I first started wearing hats, I was sometimes the guy who "ran off without his hat." Now that "the hat is part of the man," it is very uncommon, and I understand both sayings much better.

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

emigran

Practically Family
A snood is not slang for a fedora.

BeachSnoodPromo1.JPG

Certainly not literally at least...

PS. The movie was the one where Kate is a politician... I will look it up...

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Hold on to your hats!

Passing the hat.

It was a real feather in his cap.

To cap it all off.

All hat and no cattle.

He pulled it out of his hat.

Hats off to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members