Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat stolen!!!!

Justin B

One Too Many
Was out and had someone walk off with my lid. Please keep an eye out for a light blue/gray size 7 Dobbs witha diamond bash. If you see it up for sale please PM me.

Justin B

One Too Many
Yeah. Stopped off for something to eat and set it down on the dividing wall. Pretty sure the people on the other side nabbed it.

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
Sorry to here that ,I agree with Eric P.
Perhaps new hat etiquette rules should apply to these times
Will keep an eye out on eBay

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I know its contrary to hat etiquette, but in this day and age its probably a lot safer to just wear your hat while eating.

My sentiments exactly! Eating establishments used to have areas to check your hats, since they no longer provide this service it stays on my head or in a chair right next to me IF one is available. If not, I eat with my hat on. In todays society nobody thinks a thing about it anyway.

Sorry to hear about your loss and I hate to say it, but it's doubtful you'll ever see it again.

fedoralover

Wconly

Familiar Face
I have had this experience, as well. Back in the '80's I was attending a New Year's Eve Party put on by the television station I worked for. I checked my fedora in (huge error) at the hat/coat check at the hotel we were at and bingo upon preparing to leave -- no hat. Different hat check person, etc. I came unglued. After attempting everything I could possibly think of to find it, I decided it was over and began to leave, however luck was on my side. Just as I arrived at an elevator the doors opened with three young guys ready to get out and low and belhold the one in the middle had my hat. I pinned him against the wall and retrieved my hat along with giving him a very long lecture regarding theft of someone elses property. My wife was quite concerned as she thought I was going to really hurt him, but I didn't. I will admit -- I sure thought about it. I strongly doubt he has ever repeated such a stunt again as when I turned to walk away I looked back as he and buddies got back in elevator and -- well, he must have been in a hurry to change his pants.

Sure hope you have luck on your side in retrieving your hat! Very horrible feeling when this happens! W>

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I have had this experience, as well. Back in the '80's I was attending a New Year's Eve Party put on by the television station I worked for. I checked my fedora in (huge error) at the hat/coat check at the hotel we were at and bingo upon preparing to leave -- no hat. Different hat check person, etc. I came unglued. After attempting everything I could possibly think of to find it, I decided it was over and began to leave, however luck was on my side. Just as I arrived at an elevator the doors opened with three young guys ready to get out and low and belhold the one in the middle had my hat. I pinned him against the wall and retrieved my hat along with giving him a very long lecture regarding theft of someone elses property. My wife was quite concerned as she thought I was going to really hurt him, but I didn't. I will admit -- I sure thought about it. I strongly doubt he has ever repeated such a stunt again as when I turned to walk away I looked back as he and buddies got back in elevator and -- well, he must have been in a hurry to change his pants.

Sure hope you have luck on your side in retrieving your hat! Very horrible feeling when this happens! W>

I Applaud your restraint. 'Fraid if it had been me back then, he would have had the taste of a fist sandwich with no mayo. Justin, just don't really have words that could describe how you must feel. Been lucky myself these past 40+ years.

Big_e

Practically Family
Geez! I hate to hear that! I live in Dallas. If I see it I will certainly let you know!
Ernest

Last edited:

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face

Man, what kind of hat was? Do you still have it?

Justin B, my heart goes out to you. Hope you and your lid are reunited soon.

You see, this is why I hide a business card with my signature and phone number under the sweat. You just never know...

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
This is always in the back of my mine when ever my hat is out of my sight. People now days have no repect for others and think nothing of taking someone elses hat if they see it sitting there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran