Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat storage question

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Ok, just moved into our new house (1967) and need to store my hats and shoes in the office. I have some wall space and a closet that is already taken with antique clothes. Any ideas on how to store / display the hats?

Thanks,

Mike

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Ok, just moved into our new house (1967) and need to store my hats and shoes in the office. I have some wall space and a closet that is already taken with antique clothes. Any ideas on how to store / display the hats?

Thanks,

Mike
Google “hat storage fedora lounge”.
Several threads will be shown.

Thanks,

Mike
Unless you place them in a plexiglass viewing case having them out on display they become dust magnets. Especially true if you have a forced air heating system. They get really dusty, really quickly. I store mine stacked in boxes. Not ideal especially when I want the one that is at the bottom of the stack and I am in a hurry.

What can you do about hats getting dusty on the hook? I live in a small condo and don't have room to store them in boxes.

How do you clean dust off of fur felt?
Look online (Ebay) and you can buy plastic hat covers for a few bucks each. Hats are dust magnets and the only way to avoid it is to cover them. Buy a dedicated hat brush, one for dark felts another for light felts. Or for a quick clean up use packing tape wrapped around your hand with the sticky side out. Tamp the felt all round and it removes the dust/lint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112