Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Stuff on ebay.

GWD

One Too Many
If you want to block your hat with the sweatband still installed, yes it's recommended that you use a block one size smaller than your hat. If you remove the sweatband, then use a block the same size as your hat.

As far as flanges go, use the same size as your hat, but make sure the flange is sized for the same brim width as your hat.

GWD said:
If you want to block your hat with the sweatband still installed, yes it's recommended that you use a block one size smaller than your hat. If you remove the sweatband, then use a block the same size as your hat.

As far as flanges go, use the same size as your hat, but make sure the flange is sized for the same brim width as your hat.

thanks for the info, I'll have to skip the flange, but will keep an eye on the blocks.

GWD

One Too Many
bruce wayne said:
I see that the heating element has been removed from the stretcher. Do you still have it or is it gone for good?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

The person who owned it before me must have taken a fork to one of them. I believe one is still intact. The wiring is so old on this unit, I would be afraid to use it.

GWD

One Too Many
Here are a few pics of the guts.

One side is still intact the other side was very badly damaged the heating coils were broken and pulled out and the white insulation material was all broken up. I removed it for safety concerns.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I don't know if there is a modern heating device you can substitute the original with. [huh]

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:

What if you just turn the sweatband down out of the hat? Isnt that the equivalent of removing it?

GWD

One Too Many
scottyrocks said:
What if you just turn the sweatband down out of the hat? Isnt that the equivalent of removing it?

Most hat blocks are tapered, as you pull the hat over the block, the turned out sweatband has to go over the largest part of the block. That's usually when the seam breaks on the sweatband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn