Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Style Help, Please?

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
I finally decided on the Akubra Snowy River in black, and ordered it from Everything Australian on thursday night. I'm waiting for the email to let me know it's on its way :)

It may not be the most adventurous choice, but I think it'll suit me :D

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
the answer

BaggyPants said:
OK, so since I became a member here, I'm now looking at hats. Go figure :eusa_doh: My knowledge of them ends with them going on the head, and that's it. What I'm looking for is something in a Fedora like hat, with a fairly wide brim and a not too tall crown. Could some kindly souls give me some pointers, keywords or makers to google for myself, please?

Many thanks,

Bryn

Borsalino! Delmonico, www.delmonicohatters.com, the Ernesto.

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
danofarlington said:
Borsalino! Delmonico, www.delmonicohatters.com, the Ernesto.

Hmmmmmmmm.............. $500 on a hat, mail order, from overseas. I think I'll pass :eusa_doh:

Received my tracking number from Everything Australian today and it's somewhere between Oz and the UK at this moment. Hopefully, I should have my Snowy River by the weekend, unless Parcel Force hold it up while they work out how much to rob me in duty, VAT and handling fees :)

Spats McGee

One Too Many
BaggyPants said:
I finally decided on the Akubra Snowy River in black, and ordered it from Everything Australian on thursday night. I'm waiting for the email to let me know it's on its way :)

It may not be the most adventurous choice, but I think it'll suit me :D
Congratulations! The Snowy River is a good-looking hat. We'll be waiting on pictures. ;)

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Well, Parcel Force are being their usual efficient selves :rolleyes: Parcel left Oz at 2:35pm UK time on tuesday. One would expect it to be in the UK about a day later, probably with customs, but 43 hours later it still hasn't been scanned in the UK :eusa_doh:

Hereward

One of the Regulars
I just received a hat from Parcelforce that I had to collect from the local Post Office because the deliverer couldn't find my house. That beggars belief.

It's a fine hat though and I will post it once I have stretched it a tad and rebashed it to my liking.

BaggyPants

Familiar Face
Well, the Snowy River arrived this morning and it fits perfectly. Just enough grip at the front and back to stop it falling off when I'm wiring pyro up in the middle of a field. It is sat on my head at the moment so the heat will shape it to my noggin and take some of the roundness out of it. It's almost there already. Sam at Everything Australian was brilliant to deal with. Very good communications indeed and a fast service. He will be getting more business from me. I'm dithering now over feathers in or feathers out, but they can stay for now. Hopefully, I shall post photos this evening, when my wife returns from work. Until then, this thing isn't leaving my head :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum