Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Supplies & Blocking Service at My Local RCC Western Store

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Hello all,
it was time to find some of the hat care supplies mentioned on the forum so I started looking online. For example, online I was seeing prices up and down the price scale for a hat brush plus the added shipping cost. It occurred to me the western stores sell felt cowboy hats. I thought why not give them a try. So I called the RCC Western Store at the local mall. The sales associate said yes they carry brushes, sponges, stretchers, and a full line of felt hat care products by Scout. Upon arriving I was greeted and directed to a end cap well stocked w/ everything I was looking for and more. I purchased a black and white horsehair brush for 10 dollars each and two packages of sponges for $1.99 each. Their are two sponges per package. They took the time to show me how to use everything on one of their hats. Also they have a hat steamer for blocking right there at the counter. I inquired about the cost for blocking and he said free of charge. I then asked what it would cost if I brought in a fedora. That is a free customer service as well he said. I told him I would buy his lunch or something since I don't wear western clothes. Perhaps this piece of information may be of some help for future reference.
Hasta Luego

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Hello all,
it was time to find some of the hat care supplies mentioned on the forum so I started looking online. For example, online I was seeing prices up and down the price scale for a hat brush plus the added shipping cost. It occurred to me the western stores sell felt cowboy hats. I thought why not give them a try. So I called the RCC Western Store at the local mall. The sales associate said yes they carry brushes, sponges, stretchers, and a full line of felt hat care products by Scout. Upon arriving I was greeted and directed to a end cap well stocked w/ everything I was looking for and more. I purchased a black and white horsehair brush for 10 dollars each and two packages of sponges for $1.99 each. Their are two sponges per package. They took the time to show me how to use everything on one of their hats. Also they have a hat steamer for blocking right there at the counter. I inquired about the cost for blocking and he said free of charge. I then asked what it would cost if I brought in a fedora. That is a free customer service as well he said. I told him I would buy his lunch or something since I don't wear western clothes. Perhaps this piece of information may be of some help for future reference.
Hasta Luego

I like their hat stiffening spray also!

Walt

One of the Regulars
I've been using my local Western supply stores for years for such things. I try to spend a little bit at them just to help them stay in business.

If you live in the West or are in or near an area that is more rural or has farming then there are usually many such places to be found.

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
My local Cavenders has taken good care of me. They've stretched a couple hats and cut down the brim on a western-to-fedora conversion for me. They even cleaned a stain on the front of one of my silverbelly's. All for tips.

Buying online is great but there is nothing like brick and mortar for real service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner