Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat with brown Woolrich Arctic Jacket

groover

New in Town
What kind of hat is good with a brown Woolrich Artic Jacket (the short one).
I have a brown and a grey fedora but I think I look like too Indiana Jones...

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I wouldn't wear a fedora with that coat. Maybe something like......

1G4PBAR9.jpg

3E8EF0PB.jpg

87CRL5FH9.jpg

307FL7NW1.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I just googled that jacket and what I saw doesnt look like a fedora matching, or an Indiana Jones, jacket (although I would think, being brown, that it would trigger the mind of the average person who would even verbalize it). Id say the best match would be the wool watch cap, second one down in the above photos. That way, you can pull the hood over your head for maximum warmth, which is why Id wear a jacket like that in the first place.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I'd say the best match would be the wool watch cap, second one down in the above photos. That way, you can pull the hood over your head for maximum warmth, which is why Id wear a jacket like that in the first place.

I agree. The third one down also makes sense if you are in super cold conditions but prefer not to use the hood attached to the parka.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can't wear a fedora with a jacket like that? Oh, ohlol

I get my information from the dude's hat manual, and that one's covered on p. 211. "Parkas and fedoras are expressly prohibited in the case of felt fedoras." If something's in the manual, then I have to go along with it or contravene the regulations of dudes. So, I 'm stuck. But if someone does it and I'm not looking, it will probably be all right.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Do you mean something like this?

58EE4C2915175848E8C6323BFEEC525BL.jpg

You can wear a fedora if you want to, I don't think it would look bad at all. But if you want to be inconspicuous, then maybe a watch cap, or wool cap of some sort would not be a bad idea either. For what it's worth, something western might look good too, maybe an Open Road?

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
What kind of hat is good with a brown Woolrich Artic Jacket (the short one).
I have a brown and a grey fedora but I think I look like too Indiana Jones...

I think the question you need answered is : Who do you wear your clothes for, yourself or some fashionista set of "rules" ? If I was in a climate which req'd wearing that substantial a garment for warmth a felt fedora would NOT be my hat choice :) If it's THAT cold so that you need a fur trimmed hood, THAT is what should be covering your head :) It's not rocket science :)

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
OK this is driving me crazy. My dad and Grandfather used to wear these hats in the winter that were like a Cossack hat or Tyrolean hat that were fur or fake fur. They were black with the brim turned down and with a colorful bunch of feathers on the band. Anyone know what I am talking about? Any way I think that hat would work.

Jeff

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
my instinct wherever that coat is necessary would be towards a stocking cap of some sort. Or a newsboy cap and earmuffs. You could wear a fedora, but as others have pointed out, it would seem to make the hood pointless.

MCrider

A-List Customer
I guess it comes down to whether or not the hood will be used. If it's just cold out I would wear the fedora. If it's a cold and blustery day then I'd wear something that can be worn with the hood up. But if it's cold and blustery I try to stay indoors with my feet up!

:p:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner