Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatless

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm loving those roundel spec frames. Eight years later you say, well, fifty three years ago today, she said yes when I popped the question. See, I did have hair.
View attachment 269551

Congrats on 53 years! I'll only be celebrating my sixth anniversary next week, but seeing your posts provide inspiration for many more.
Snapseed.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to you all for your kind compliments. Seeing the beautiful bride and her handsome husband above is not only a joyous treat for us all to share, it gives hope and optimism for all our future. It's certainly been a tough year, I am proud and humbled to be a part of The Lounge, there's always a fascinating post, and when you least expect it too.
The Oldfashioned, here's wishing you both a good life together, it really is heartening to share the peaks and troughs of the rollercoaster ride that is life with a very special person. That's why we Brits refer to our spouse, even our live in partners, as: "My Other Half." You only feel half a person without them.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to you all for your kind compliments. Seeing the beautiful bride and her handsome husband above is not only a joyous treat for us all to share, it gives hope and optimism for all our future. It's certainly been a tough year, I am proud and humbled to be a part of The Lounge, there's always a fascinating post, and when you least expect it too.
The Oldfashioned, here's wishing you both a good life together, it really is heartening to share the peaks and troughs of the rollercoaster ride that is life with a very special person. That's why we Brits refer to our spouse, even our live in partners, as: "My Other Half." You only feel half a person without them.

Not only is she my other half but she's definitely the better half too!

I hope your sixth anniversary celebration is better than ours was--we spent a good part of the day at my dad's funeral. It was memorable, but not for a reason most people would prefer.

Thanks, Al. It'll probably be pretty low key given two kiddos and COVID restrictions.

I lost my dad to cancer my final semester of university in '07, shorty after the new year. Christmas just has never been the same since. It's been a bit better now with my own kids and getting to watch them enjoy it, but it'll never be same again.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Work today found me being challenged by the girls to a "sit like a princess" contest during a down time during a regional competition. I may be the "old bald guy", but my "channeling princess" is commendable, IMO.

i-VDGqWm5-M.jpg

(BTW: Parents agreed to me posting the pic of the "nameless gymnasts.")

Cheers from the hatless and "sitting like a princess" third place winner, Eric -

quikrick

One Too Many
Work today found me being challenged by the girls to a "sit like a princess" contest during a down time during a regional competition. I may be the "old bald guy", but my "channeling princess" is commendable, IMO.

i-VDGqWm5-M.jpg

(BTW: Parents agreed to me posting the pic of the "nameless gymnasts.")

Cheers from the hatless and "sitting like a princess" third place winner, Eric -
HaHa Eric, That's funny and cute! I'm surprised that you didn't take first!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
camera 2 061.JPG
This was new year's eve 2019/2020 who was to know what was to come? Formal dress always has me in a quandary about hat wear. Back in times when hat wearing was popular, it might have been a top hat with a cape. My black fedora just doesn't look the part but what did surprise me, in that it had a distinctive appearance, was when a friend turned up wearing a straw boater with a black hatband. I'm giving that some serious thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto