Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
da1a170d4b667faafb10e2c608289126.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've not seen a head shot of that one on you or if I have it was seamless. Nice to see a young man putting pussy before shelter and alcohol.

Well I’m not going anywhere today from these blizzards, but here it is on my noggin’, and in front of the Xmas tree I refuse to take down until the snow stops.
b155970a3a1edf151eeea4941d9ca747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Chicken is on the grill as I sit on the deck enjoying some Irish Whiskey in the late afternoon AL sunshine with the Churchill Beaver 50.. Enjoy your evening.
View attachment 113968
We add some hard stuff in our BBQ sauce to give it a boost when grilling bird outside...and of course while tending things a sip now and then sort of makes it nice, too!

We add some hard stuff in our BBQ sauce to give it a boost when grilling bird outside...and of course while tending things a sip now and then sort of makes it nice, too!
Makers Mark Bourbon is excellent to marinate steaks before seasoning. It imparts a nice caramel flavor to the meat. I marinate them in a Pyrex dish in the fridge for abt 30 min before going on the charcoal grill. I tried it with pork steaks but works better with beef.

Reactions: RJR

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
If you like dark rich beers, have you sipped some Leinenkugel's Snow Drift Vanilla?

Cindy; I will have to make an opportunity to try. After my grad school days of Leinenkugel beer by the case for $12.00 I have not had a one for lots of years. I lost the taste and burned a lot of brain cells. Time to re-visit.

Took a second chance at Kona Big Wave Ale. Very citrusiee, grapefruitee; just not my thing. Went back to an old standby, Dunkel. Wearing my BSHW.

View attachment 114747

View attachment 114748

My take also on the Kona beer. The beer did not live to the hype my beer enthusiast buddies gave it. Dunkle, as I understand it, is a dark German lager. Which German lager do you like?

BTW: Love your hat. If I were more patient I would love to wait in line and ask for a replica of it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Cindy; I will have to make an opportunity to try. After my grad school days of Leinenkugel beer by the case for $12.00 I have not had a one for lots of years. I lost the taste and burned a lot of brain cells. Time to re-visit.

My take also on the Kona beer. The beer did not live to the hype my beer enthusiast buddies gave it. Dunkle, as I understand it, is a dark German lager. Which German lager do you like?

BTW: Love your hat. If I were more patient I would love to wait in line and ask for a replica of it.

The "Snowdrift Vanilla Porter" is good and they make another one, "Dark and Creamy"...lol!
We appreciate good dark beers...

Thanks Eric for your compliment on the hat. His queue is extremely long.

I generally like the darker Lagers & Bocks more than I do the Pilsners & German Pales. Love brown Ales, Porters & Stouts also.

Any time is good for a Single Malt. How does that one go down Jack?
Best with just a sprinkle of water I think...not even a tablespoon worth, no ice. Really opens up the aroma & the aftertaste. A nice vanilla/caramel aroma & aftertaste, almost chocolate-like. Some spice that I can never identify...coriander? No age statement but after reopening the Arran Distillary layed down their first new whisky in 1995 I think.

Last edited:
Best with just a sprinkle of water I think...not even a tablespoon worth, no ice. Really opens up the aroma & the aftertaste. A nice vanilla/caramel aroma & aftertaste, almost chocolate-like. Some spice that I can never identify...coriander? No age statement but after reopening the Arran Distillary layed down their first new whisky in 1995 I think.
Sounds nice, that's how I usually like my single malts. I'll have to try that one.

That's OK, I like peaty best, but I still like most single malts.
Of the Islays I like Lagavulin & Ardbeg just fine, but Laphroaig is a bit too much. Reminds me of when my grandma used to doctor me with mechurachrome & iodine.

Tried an Irish single malt recently called West Cork, it's not very peaty or smoky, but very smooth.
Pictures here or it didn't happen!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany