Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

7c30f1cefa964c9ce63028a2603f9d89.jpg

West Cork Irish Single Malt
Donegal tweed cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great pic Perry! I have a turn of the century countertop display cabinet I use for a coffee table, with family heirlooms inside. Good idea for a pic setting!

Great pic Perry! I have a turn of the century countertop display cabinet I use for a coffee table, with family heirlooms inside. Good idea for a pic setting!
Nice, Perry. Do I see English riding in your display?
Thanks guys. There is an English spur there from way back when we took English riding lessons ans had horses. The horses are in the great pasture in the sky now, and my wife and I are getting ready to put out to pasture.:rolleyes:

Beef ribs are on the grill as I sit on the deck enjoying a bit of flavored Alabama white along with my Portis beaver blend. The drink came from a friend and neighbor I stopped to see a couple of weeks ago. It was just after lunch and he was in his driveway working on a motorcycle. He's an avid rider and let's just say, he belongs to a "club". As soon as I shook hands with him he went to the fridge in his garage and retrieved this quart jar, shook it vigorously and said, "give this a pull". Not wanting to be impolite, I did. We shared a couple more and he said that's "granny's apple pie recipe". A little sweet for my tastes but a couple slices is all I needed. As I started to leave, he handed me the jar saying "take this one with you". Again, not wanting to be impolite, I did.
CIMG4739.JPG

Last edited:
Beef ribs are on the grill as I sit on the deck enjoying a bit of flavored Alabama white along with my Portis beaver blend. The drink came from a friend and neighbor I stopped to see a couple of weeks ago. It was just after lunch and he was in his driveway working on a motorcycle. He's an avid rider and let's just say, he belongs to a "club". As soon as I shook hands with him he went to the fridge in his garage and retrieved this quart jar, shook it vigorously and said, "give this a pull". Not wanting to be impolite, I did. We shared a couple more and he said that's "granny's apple pie recipe". A little sweet for my tastes but a couple slices is all I needed. As I started to leave, he handed me the jar saying "take this one with you". Again, not wanting to be impolite, I did.
View attachment 115441
When someone hands you a jar of shine, you have to take it.:p

RJR

View attachment 115441
:cool:

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 115441
That is sure a good looking hat! I would like to have some of that apple pie! A friend of mine visits his family in South Carolina, and says there is an old lady there who makes good apple pie. His purchases never seem to make it all the way back to Ca.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great pic, HJ. Love that sideboard and all atop it. Nice looking set of scales.
It's an old dental cabinet. I had to make several new drawers that were missing, then strip & refinish it. Still looking for the small clear glass drawer pulls that should be on it instead of the brass knobs.

The green Aladdin lamp was my grandparents.

That is sure a good looking hat! I would like to have some of that apple pie! A friend of mine visits his family in South Carolina, and says there is an old lady there who makes good apple pie. His purchases never seem to make it all the way back to Ca.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Still have some in the fridge, Dd. Come on by. And as my friend said, if I want some more just stop on by. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot