1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I bet he kept his hands off of it.

2. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

It's fine but it may have a note of BBQ smoke this morning. I'm not one who has to constantly be reaching up & touching my hat, constantly adjusting it.

Woodtroll and bowlerman like this.
  3. Lucia Agnese Sciarra

Lucia Agnese Sciarra New in Town

Kentucky straight Bourbon Whiskey, My montecriti by www.domingocarranza and a good book ¨Il dio delle picole cose¨ by Arundhati Roy. That´s what i love.

Som4.jpg

4. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Beer and barbecue, a match made in heaven! Nothing like a large draft!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurricane Jack and Bamaboots like this.
  5. Hurricane Jack

Good 'Q ranks up at the top with me!

Bamaboots and Desert dog like this.
  6. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Adventurebilt and Bloody Marys in the French Quarter a few days ago. 20181229_132949_600x338.jpg

7. Paola Caicedo

Paola Caicedo New in Town

Your panama hat was woven in Montecristi by Domingo Carranza, who exhibited at the MoMA?

Lucia Agnese Sciarra likes this.
  8. Lucia Agnese Sciarra

Lucia Agnese Sciarra New in Town

Yes. It was woven by Domingo Carranza. www.domingocarranza.com
    The authentic Montecristi weaver. His work it´s wonderful. IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0163.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0109.JPG IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0106.JPG IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

9. Paola Caicedo

Paola Caicedo New in Town

I have heard very good comments about this master craftsman.
    Thanks for the page, I'll get in touch.
    I thank you if you could share more pictures about your hats.

Lucia Agnese Sciarra likes this.
  10. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Yesterday afternoon after working with a brush saw and a chainsaw I opened a growler of beer as a treat. I was tired and the cool beer was a treat.

[​IMG]

Yes the beer has a distinctly red hue. I thought that the above pic was amusing as the fleece I am wearing confused the camera lense and everything comes out more red than it really is. Interesting. Thick, sour with a taste of raspberry and a faint hint of vanilla. The beer, while thick, is tasty and refreshing. Omni Brewing Double Raspberry Double Vanilla Milkshake IPA - an excellent after wood cutting beer.

Best, Eric -

11. Fourman110

Fourman110 One of the Regulars

From theoffice to the lounge. Knox Premier (with a new pin) and a Wake Up Iowa Coffee Stout. 20190108_162629-1512x2016.jpg

johnnycanuck, bowlerman, RBH and 6 others like this.
  12. Hurricane Jack

Eric, still down on the beach @ Corpus until the end of the month. Bought a case of the new Boulevard’s barrel aged Canadian whiskey Pale Ale for day drinking. ~11% ABV. New out this season. Maybe you could try a 6-pack & we can review when a I get back? I will better know then what U like. I have a new nicname from the liquor store owner: jefe. Having a good time!

Short Balding Guy and BobHufford like this.
  13. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Jack; I have some Candian Whiskey Pale Ale on hold at a fancy liquor store locally. I will pick it up sometime in the next couple of days. I am curious. I am also thirsty.

Enjoy the beach time.

Today: I snapped a couple of pics shortly ago. The first pic is for showcasing the head covering I was wearing. Text as follows: Just back from the airport. It is easy to travel in a cap. I got an upgrade to First Class both ways. On the way home the attendant said " a classy cap should travel in First Class." She was 100% correct! I give thanks for the comfort a cap provides - on a plane and off.

[​IMG]

Truth in posting: I posted the above with my beer glass out of the pic. In the second pic you can see that I am very pleased with the results of my travel and am celebrating with a glass from the growler of Omni Brewing Double Raspberry / Vanilla Milkshake. It is a lightly sweet and bitter IPA. The raspberry puree (over a pound and a half per gallon) gives the cloudy, bitter and tasty features.

[​IMG]

Oh yea! Best, Eric -

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  14. Fourman110

Fourman110 One of the Regulars

New vintage Stetson Whippet and a 7 Hills Co Tweek"s Coffee Porter. Great night! 20190115_171558-1512x2016.jpg

15. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One of the Regulars

Celebrating National Hat Day with my Brodt's and The Poet Oatmeal Stout by New Holland Brewing. An old college buddy was passing through town doing his standup routine at a local brew house tonight. Fun times were had, and it's nice to see he's still doing what he loves after 15 years.

IMG_0831.JPG

16. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Whoa! Gotta try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  17. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Two Resistols with Coffee from Brazil bookend a D Bar J, with an Estancia Cabernet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Two in a row. I’m getting cabin fever during this blizzard in subzero temperatures. My kids won’t be back here till Sunday night. So here are some pics of my felted friends with some things to imbibe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Hurricane Jack

Lonerider Brewing Co. is a new one on me. I found their Deadeye Jack Outlawed Porter & it's pretty good. I was looking to take some home but it's a seasonal brew so only available on tap. I like their artwork.

IMG_0648.JPG

Brewing "Ales for Outlaws". I'll be looking for their regulars back home.

20. Desert dog

Desert dog Call Me a Cab

Cedar brown CD, and Sierra Nevada Winter Warmer Lager. Tastes very much like German Dunkel. Malty with abv of 6.7. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk