Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Omni Grilling Double Rasberry IPA (1.5lb. of raspberry per gallon of IPA beer) is my beverage for the chore.

Omni milkshake IPA, that came to South Dakota courtesy of a short, balding gentleman (thanks Eric!). @Short Balding Guy
I really enjoy the quality brews from Dogfish Head Brewing Co located in DE but they have a great distribution network & availability. I get their emailers & I wanted to bring this one to your guy's attention. From what I think I know, I think you two might enjoy this one. It is Belgian style, 15% ABV. The ratings on it so far are pretty good. Available on tap & bottled.

Dogfish Head Brewing's Fruit Full Fort brewed with four types of berries: Raspberry, Blackberry, Boysenberry and Elderberry. Depth and complexity reminiscent of a jammy red wine. Dark maroon in color, swirling with notes of velvety cherry and berry sweetness for a full body & flavor.

IMG_1555.JPG

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I really enjoy the quality brews from Dogfish Head Brewing Co located in DE but they have a great distribution network & availability. I get their emailers & I wanted to bring this one to your guy's attention. From what I think I know, I think you two might enjoy this one. It is Belgian style, 15% ABV. The ratings on it so far are pretty good. Available on tap & bottled.

Dogfish Head Brewing's Fruit Full Fort brewed with four types of berries: Raspberry, Blackberry, Boysenberry and Elderberry. Depth and complexity reminiscent of a jammy red wine. Dark maroon in color, swirling with notes of velvety cherry and berry sweetness for a full body & flavor.

View attachment 160612

Thanks for the pointer Jack. I put it on my Iphone's beer shopping list.

I have been really appreciating both the sour, hazy and milkshake beer offerings in my locality. The micro beer scene is very robust and the local folks compete with each other for unique tastes. My challenge to them is once I have learned to enjoy the taste, they move on to another. On many occasions I remind them that they need to have a "keeper" in each of the different categories. My complaints are certainly 1st world as I do have lots of choices.

All the unique offerings aside I do have a fall back list of beers (like Founders Porter, All-Day IPA, Deschutes IPA's, Breakfast Stout, Furious, Scuplin,

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 160612

Thanks for the pointer Jack. I have added this to my phones Beer Shopping List.

Eric -

Thanks for the pointer Jack. I put it on my Iphone's beer shopping list.

I have been really appreciating both the sour, hazy and milkshake beer offerings in my locality. The micro beer scene is very robust and the local folks compete with each other for unique tastes. My challenge to them is once I have learned to enjoy the taste, they move on to another. On many occasions I remind them that they need to have a "keeper" in each of the different categories. My complaints are certainly 1st world as I do have lots of choices.

All the unique offerings aside I do have a fall back list of beers (like Founders Porter, All-Day IPA, Deschutes IPA's, Breakfast Stout, Furious, Scuplin,
I know you like IPA's; most all of us do. Dogfish Head has several good IPA's: their 60 Min IPA, 90 Min IPA & their 120 Min IPA. All very good but the 120 can be hard to find. I probably like the 90 best. I think they have a 75 Min IPA but I've never had it.

View attachment 160864

Jameson Caskmates Stout Barrel. With my AlleyKat whiskey hat.
Nice still life pic Scooterz & good to see you back. I love the "shot" in more ways then one!

I've been identifying this Whiskey Aged Irish Red Ale all wk as Bourbon Aged, when it came to me yesterday evening that it is Jameson Aged. I'm looking forward to more before the keg blows. From yesterday:

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a great St. Patrick's Day weekend that I have enjoyed very much with friends. Made the rounds again today for some Jameson Aged Irish Red Ale, a couple shots of Dingle Single Malt Small Batch Irish Whiskey & a shot of Green Spot. And I still have a bottle of Prizefight Pot Still Irish Whiskey that hasn't been opened.

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I know you like IPA's; most all of us do. Dogfish Head has several good IPA's: their 60 Min IPA, 90 Min IPA & their 120 Min IPA. All very good but the 120 can be hard to find. I probably like the 90 best. I think they have a 75 Min IPA but I've never had it.

I haven’t had the 75 either, but love those other ones!
Have you tried the 100 yard dash fresh hops IPA from Brau Brothers? Probably my favorite and very piney instead of citrusy.

Anyway today, kind of obligatory.

61b1847640057cc7325d378a877a28a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
100 yard dash fresh hops IPA from Brau Brothers agreed is excellent. The Deschutes Pinedrop is similar and they are favorites.

Beer shopping today found me impulse buying a local, Duluth, MN brewer, Bent Paddles offering. I could not but turn and read the can after noticing the label of Wilderness Tuxedo. The sour ale is tasty. Berry taste is not long lasting and the ale drinks easily. The low ABV, 4.4, made it a perfect pairing with some lunch and then back to outside chores.

i-qWtFrtq-M.jpg

i-LKst8v4-M.jpg

Like Jeff I did drink an obligatory Guiness Extra Stout late this afternoon.

Best, Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
100 yard dash fresh hops IPA from Brau Brothers agreed is excellent. The Deschutes Pinedrop is similar and they are favorites.

Beer shopping today found me impulse buying a local, Duluth, MN brewer, Bent Paddles offering. I could not but turn and read the can after noticing the label of Wilderness Tuxedo. The sour ale is tasty. Berry taste is not long lasting and the ale drinks easily. The low ABV, 4.4, made it a perfect pairing with some lunch and then back to outside chores.

i-qWtFrtq-M.jpg

i-LKst8v4-M.jpg

Like Jeff I did drink an obligatory Guiness Extra Stout late this afternoon.

Best, Eric -

Pinedrop is neck and neck with 100 yard dash!
Nice looking berry sour there. A sour and strat. Could be the name of a new cocktail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the 100 yard dash fresh hops IPA from Brau Brothers? Probably my favorite and very piney instead of citrusy.

Have not tried the 100 Yard Dash IPA & don't remember seeing Brau Brothers in my area before. I do prefer a conifer flavored IPA over the citrus any day. I'll be sure to ask about Brau Bros.

Jack; Your pic has me salivating. At this moment I am ALL in for lunch. Thanks for sharing your Playboy and inspirational pic.
Thanks Eric. With all the St. Patrick's Day weekend activities, I almost forgot I brought home a growler. Glad to see you have been enjoying the benefits of a growler too. A couple of nearby liquor stores now have growler stations but so far I just haven't hit on their rotating selections. I need to be more cognizant of what they offer.

This may have been posted before but worth a repost in this thread:

IMG_1724.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana