Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

A modern Dobbs derby & an early preview of some Jameson Aged Irish Red Ale.

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

Tired tonight with sore muscles & hands so I just grabbed a Cuffley cap on my way out for some Old Stock Double Imperial Ale. Barrel aged first in a Four Roses cask followed by finishing in an Elijah Craig cask, producing a nice Irish Ale @ 11% ABV. Makes the pain dissipate better than CBD oil & a lot cheaper too! Whether Ale or Stout anytime you see the word "Imperial" or "Double Imperial" in the name it's going to be around 11% - 13% ABV.

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg

After enjoying it by the drink I purchased a bottle of Teeling Single Grain Irish Whiskey on my way home this afternoon.

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7234.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful TX day for a patio at the lake. A local Deep Ellum Dallas Blonde Ale and the Scorpion.

View attachment 218299

Tim looks like a grand day at the lake.

Tired tonight with sore muscles & hands so I just grabbed a Cuffley cap on my way out for some Old Stock Double Imperial Ale. Barrel aged first in a Four Roses cask followed by finishing in an Elijah Craig cask, producing a nice Irish Ale @ 11% ABV. Makes the pain dissipate better than CBD oil & a lot cheaper too! Whether Ale or Stout anytime you see the word "Imperial" or "Double Imperial" in the name it's going to be around 11% - 13% ABV.

View attachment 218371

View attachment 218370

View attachment 218366

View attachment 218367

View attachment 218368

View attachment 218369

After enjoying it by the drink I purchased a bottle of Teeling Single Grain Irish Whiskey on my way home this afternoon.

View attachment 218373

View attachment 218372

That sounds like the perfect tasty cure for sore hands and muscles. Cheers to you this evening Jack.

I am home and finding some relaxing time sitting on the dock with the dog enjoying the clear 32'f evening sky. Sipping a Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stout. I was inspired by Jack's recent posts of bowlers and a beverage so I pulled out a very early Stetson tall bowler for my "dock time."

i-B8LwX6r-M.jpg

i-ws23rF2-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

I am home and finding some relaxing time sitting on the dock with the dog enjoying the clear 32'f evening sky. Sipping a Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stout. I was inspired by Jack's recent posts of bowlers and a beverage so I pulled out a very early Stetson tall bowler for my "dock time."
Thanks for the kind compliments, Eric. ''Tis the season to wear them & you wear a fine derby. I'll bet sitting on the dock with your faithful companion watching the night sky & listening to the wildlife is very relaxing too! Good for what ails the soul.

I plan on making some rounds, doing some day drinking today as a member of the Phony Mahoney clan. Wear your's well & enjoy your day!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sipping a Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. That is a big name that fits a big beer.

Oh man this is delicious tasting this evening. I have paired it with some grilled chicken thighs and wings with a salt/pepper dry rub. This Porter really strays from the definition of Porter. It has an ABV of 10% and is black with a fruit smell. Coffee, chocolate and vanilla are the tasted flavors. The after taste is big and filled with the tasted flavors. For me this is a delicious beer, but a one beer evening.

i-SVJsvHL-M.jpg

Satisfied, Eric -

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Sipping a Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter. That is a big name that fits a big beer.

Oh man this is delicious tasting this evening. I have paired it with some grilled chicken thighs and wings with a salt/pepper dry rub. This Porter really strays from the definition of Porter. It has an ABV of 10% and is black with a fruit smell. Coffee, chocolate and vanilla are the tasted flavors. The after taste is big and filled with the tasted flavors. For me this is a delicious beer, but a one beer evening.

i-SVJsvHL-M.jpg

Satisfied, Eric -

I do like that one myself Eric, and Vanilla Porters in general. Sounds like a great meal too.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I thought a might provide my taste review of the Guinness Draught I am sipping for context; Tonight I looked forward to the velvety first sip and the smooth taste that finishes in a moderately dry bitterness.

Comparision: The Guinness Stout that I have opened before me as I am typing has coffee/chocolate Stout flavors before the moderately dry bitter finish.

Preference: None, the two offerings are just different. I suggest if you are going to sample them due sip the Draught first, Stout second and finish the evening with the Foreign Extra Stout. The taste/flavor complexity and profile grows.

Best to all this month when many of us sip Stouts or Porters. Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner