Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Glad you were able to get it, HJ. If you lived here, you’d do without. No curbside or drive-thru alcohol purchases.
I'm often loyal to my favorite places & barkeeps to a fault & they are all going to have a tough time making it if these mandates go on for long. I'll do what I can for as long as I can, when I could just as easily do without.

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
8AC47589-5FFA-4F89-B52B-632344896717.jpeg

10DFF89A-AF51-4E22-BEE6-98C12141862D.jpeg

99865F7A-3683-4C90-A733-E489D2CAE508.jpeg

2C8ABFAD-3AAB-4148-A026-63DA8BE76BB4.jpeg

9AAC9211-184D-4180-A164-8745FE31BE35.jpeg

Stetson 3X OR with a Caribou Coldbrew.

IMG_1575.JPG

I have to post this here because I think this is so cool. This is a Whiskey flask made from Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG). EAPG was a thin glass process used from 1850 - 1910 for mass production of identical pieces. This flask has a picture of General Ulysses S. Grant inset behind glass. Unfortunately with such thin glass a shoulder of the flask is broken.

IMG_8080.JPG

IMG_8081.JPG

IMG_8084.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X OR with a Caribou Coldbrew.

View attachment 221227

I have to post this here because I think this is so cool. This is a Whiskey flask made from Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG). EAPG was a thin glass process used from 1850 - 1910 for mass production of identical pieces. This flask has a picture of General Ulysses S. Grant inset behind glass. Unfortunately with such thin glass a shoulder of the flask is broken.

View attachment 221224

View attachment 221225

View attachment 221226

Jack this kind of post is why the forum needs a heart (Love It) button.

Cheers.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
During this time of "social distancing" I thought I would take advantage & do a little...err..barbecuing!

View attachment 221445

A man after my own instincts, but one who has taken action. I priced the equipment this past week. Good for you Jack.

I give you a nod for the reminder to patronize the local brewers during our global challenge. This afternoon I took delivery of 9 Crowlers of my local brewers, Omni Brewing, offerings. It is a small local brewer who is proudly establishing it in a nearby neighborhood.

i-mG45gtt-M.jpg

I am sampling this afternoon a Milkshake IPA. It is chock full of fruit, vanilla beans, milk sugar, and lots of hops. Hazy with light fruit, faint hints of vanilla and the sour/thick taste of fruit and hops. With an ABV of 6.5% it drinks easily. I am thinking this may be the option with grilled chops, pasta (egg and tomato sauce), beans and some homemade rhubarb/strawberry pie(made this morning).

i-5FCMVRZ-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you back on the streets soon, Eric -

Last edited:
A man after my own instincts, but one who has taken action. I priced the equipment this past week. Good for you Jack.

I give you a nod for the reminder to patronize the local brewers during our global challenge. This afternoon I took delivery of 9 Crowlers of my local brewers, Omni Brewing, offerings. It is a small local brewer who is proudly establishing it in a nearby neighborhood.

i-mG45gtt-M.jpg

I am sampling this afternoon a Milkshake IPA. It is chock full of fruit, vanilla beans, milk sugar, and lots of hops. Hazy with light fruit, faint hints of vanilla and the sour/thick taste of fruit and hops. With an ABV of 6.5% it drinks easily. I am thinking this may be the option with grilled chops, pasta (egg and tomato sauce), beans and some homemade rhubarb/strawberry pie(made this morning).

i-5FCMVRZ-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you back on the streets soon, Eric -
Good for you Eric! I got an email earlier that they have dropped their price on new growlers with fill even further. They have all their microbrews that are going to just go flat if not sold, so they are basically giving the price of the growler away to sell their beer while it's still fresh.

When this is over maybe we can trade some growlers in our "collection"?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Founders Backwoods ba***rd scotch ale just felt right tonight after wearing this OR that was worn by its previous owner every day til he was 94. Cheers to a tough BB that wore his Stetson with pride.

View attachment 221778 View attachment 221776

Cheers back to you. Founders BBS is a terrific scotch ale. That brewery does a lot right.

Brunch with a Foundres Porter.

i-tSTGwNp-M.jpg

Dinner with a IPA. The IPA is Axeman, Surley Brewing in Minnesota. "Double dry-hopping with Citra and Mosaic hops creates this renowned IPA’s intense tropical fruit and citrus aromas. Brewed with Golden Promise malt, this beer finishes rich and dry."

i-TGrwDZz-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Cheers back to you. Founders BBS is a terrific scotch ale. That brewery does a lot right.

Brunch with a Foundres Porter.

i-tSTGwNp-M.jpg

Dinner with a IPA. The IPA is Axeman, Surley Brewing in Minnesota. "Double dry-hopping with Citra and Mosaic hops creates this renowned IPA’s intense tropical fruit and citrus aromas. Brewed with Golden Promise malt, this beer finishes rich and dry."

i-TGrwDZz-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
They do make some fantastic beers.. the Backwoods ba***rd is probably a bit more of a sipping beer considering it’s high alcohol content and strong flavor. I think my favorite is the breakfast stout.

They do make some fantastic beers.. the Backwoods ba***rd is probably a bit more of a sipping beer considering it’s high alcohol content and strong flavor. I think my favorite is the breakfast stout.
I prefer the Backwoods ba***rd over the Breakfast Stout. The Stout has too much bitter dark chocolate taste to my liking, & I enjoy the 11% ABV of the ba***rd. I'm on a mission to try every >10% ABV beer I can find too. Dogfish Head's 120 IPA @ 12% ABV is a good one.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

I enjoy both beers. I find the different beers to be situational. By this I mean each days adventures, weather, social situations and my fatigue demand different styles of beer and brewers. My beer frig needs variety I think. In sourcing variety, I have found some beers which I truly do not enjoy.

On the oatmeal Stout front I have fond memories of New Hollands The Poet. I recall thoroughly enjoying everything about that beer. I had big efforts in finding the stout so that can not be discounted from the drinking experience. It has a limited release and the new stout was out in Feb 2020. Ironically this is another Michigan brewer. Hmmm!

I prefer the Backwoods ba***rd over the Breakfast Stout. The Stout has too much bitter dark chocolate taste to my liking, & I enjoy the 11% ABV of the ba***rd. I'm on a mission to try every >10% ABV beer I can find too. Dogfish Head's 120 IPA @ 12% ABV is a good one.

Both the BB or BS are sipping beers for me. Slowly and thoughtfully.

I have been really enjoying the Founders Porter. I find it an excellent Porter choice being easily drinkable. The ABV at 6.5% and only 45 IBU's has me finding it a go to spring time beer. Tasty with a velvet finish makes it more of a mellow beer.

While our current time in history is challenged with lots of issues, the craft beer industry thrives and offers beer aficionados like me/us lots of choices.

Working on a salad (apple, pecans, raisins and lettuce) and sipping some Omni Tropical IPA.

i-5CpdKWh-M.jpg

Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

While our current time in history is challenged with lots of issues, the craft beer industry thrives and offers beer aficionados like me/us lots of choices.
Continuing my support with what I can do GC was offering a "brunch box" served curbside in lieu of their normal Sunday Brunch Buffet from 10:00 to 1:00. I really feel for those who work for tips & have been laid off with little or no income. Cheesy eggs, bacon & sausage, Reggiano hashbrowns, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit & a cinnamon roll. Of course I had to maximize my curbside experience with another growler of Irish Red Ale.

Starting Tuesday except for "essential services" we are being asked to go into a 4-5 county lockdown until 4/24.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo