Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Always happy to brighten your day, Ross.

Thank you, sir.

2. I was able to only have Guinness Draught Stout once on tap just before the shutdown. I know Eric & Hagwood have spoken highly of it in a can also, so I bought a 4-pack on sale when I was in Walgreens to enjoy tonight. Guinness Draught Stout obviously doesn't have much of a foamy head out of the can. It would probably pair well with some dark rich chocolate to nibble on after dinner.

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

Shopping in my 1989 Kevin O'Farrell.

IMG_8033.jpg

3. Eric @Short Balding Guy; @Hagwood

The empty cans of the Guinness Draught Stout rattle & seem to have some sort of nitrogenator inside? I'm tempted to cut open a can to see what it is.

I scrounged around & found 3-4 pcs of some Heath candy & nibbling on the chocolate & toffee center went well with the Stout.

IMG_8039.jpg

RBH, Short Balding Guy, Blare and 2 others like this.
  4. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Familiar Face

Funny you should post that, Jack! Because perhaps my favourite drink is the so-called Black & Blue or Eclipse

[​IMG]

The citrus of the Blue Moon gives a little zing to the Guinness.

And thanks to Hurricane Jack, who made this pic possible! At the Downtown Vegas Festival of Beer before the shutdown, wearing the Caribou Strat I bought from him.

[​IMG]

Scooterz, RBH, johnnycanuck and 10 others like this.
  5. Never heard of the Black & Blue by any name. I'm a fan of most 2-pulls so I'll have to give that one a try.

Glad to see you are enjoying the Strat, Richard! It looks great on you. And glad the festival didn't have to be cancelled. I had tickets to an Irish beer & Whiskeyfest for March 14th, but the pandemic was already ramping up by then & the event had to be cancelled.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  6. Blare

Blare My Mail is Forwarded Here

Haven’t tried that combo before. At our local pub we had a mix of Guinness and Magner’s cider they called Black Velvet. I enjoyed that for a while.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  7. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Home with the cap I brought (to work). The long day finds me relaxing watching the stars "move" sipping a Guinness Draught.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coincidence - yes. Statistically not so surprising as I do have a bunch or Stout, Foreign, and Draught in my beer refrigerator.

Cheers this evening. BTW; The stars are not moving very quickly.

Eric -

Rumad, Scooterz, johnnycanuck and 8 others like this.
  8. A fitting end to a long day for a thinking man.

Short Balding Guy and Blare like this.
  9. Ross Young

Ross Young A-List Customer

BB vs CB .... The Battle of the Beavers (Belching and Clear)
    EEB02768-9F10-4C52-A7D5-CDBEB91F2CC5.jpeg B33A56F5-4A31-440C-9A92-84AABF5BA666.jpeg F96677C7-20C1-41D0-A938-EDE7279CC778.jpeg

Rumad, Scooterz, johnnycanuck and 9 others like this.
  10. Ross Young likes this.
  11. Ross Young

Thanks Bob!

12. Short Balding Guy

Ross Young, BobHufford and Blare like this.
  13. Short Balding Guy

Home shortly ago. Shower, change of "costume" and a dog soirée finds me relaxing while sipping a Guinness Extra Stout. Not the Draught tonight as I was desiring "more." More roasted flavor is what I desired at this moment. My neighborhood is 86' with 65% humidity. The feel like temp is 93'f. Ufda - tonight is crazy temps for Minnesota and I have been craving some bitter roast with a dry finish. During the day I finished 2 quarts of water, a couple cold press coffees and a bottle of electrolyte fluid as my liquids. I sweated all of it away and have not yet needed to have a lavatory break. The Stout hits the SPOT! Excellent. I may have a second one a bit later.

[​IMG]

As to food. Who wants food when the weather is like ours? Not me. Perhaps some popcorn later. I am off to spot and watch the loons on the lake.

Cheers folks! Eric -

14. Short Balding Guy

That is an excellent idea. I will have to work that option into this weekends at home festivities. I have some ciders and several different Guinness options. Thanks!

Blare and BobHufford like this.
  15. Short Balding Guy

Dog soirée started and completed before the sun got much above the horizon. Very warm weather coming today and I am efforting to get my tasks started early. I am gratefully sipping some fresh single source, San Victor, Guatemala Coffee.

[​IMG]

I belong to Atlas Coffee Club that sends coffee each 2 weeks. The tasting notes suggest almond milk, honey and caramel. I have had a cup of black and now a cup with a bit of Half and Half.

My tired morning face is disappearing.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  16. Short Balding Guy

Hot and sweaty this mid-morning after chores meant a shower, change of clothes, brunch and cold press coffee. I used some Caribou Coffee Brazilian medium roast. 12+ hours later it is hitting the spot.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Rumad, Scooterz, RBH and 8 others like this.
  17. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

5066032C-430A-48DA-B85F-9AFFE2B1F283.JPG

Rumad, Scooterz, RBH and 10 others like this.
  18. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones Familiar Face

A couple years ago the band I play in invaded Belching Beaver in San Diego, we had played all day at the San Diego Highland Games. We marched in playing, did a few tunes, and didn't have to buy a drink the rest of the night!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as hats go, we wear the Glengarry (you can see one on the table) when we're playing, and those band-logo baseball caps when we're not playing.

BTW my favourite Belching Beaver is their Mosaic Double IPA, it's amazing.

Rumad, Desert dog, RBH and 8 others like this.
  19. Ross Young

Cheers, Doc Jones! Thanks for sharing. I’m living in LA area and my fav summer Weekend activities are brewery trips. Always been meaning to spend a long weekend down in SD area again, Stone alone is worth it for going down but always wanted to checkout BB. It will have to wait for now but good to know it’s a cool spot, live music is always a plus in my book too!