Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

I've looked forward to a grilled porterhouse steak all day! So while the charcoal turns to coals in the chimney & the steaks marinate in some Maker's Mark, I have another decision to make. Do I pick from the shelf or go to the cabinet?

fcpfr5.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I've looked forward to a grilled porterhouse steak all day! So while the charcoal turns to coals in the chimney & the steaks marinate in some Maker's Mark, I have another decision to make. Do I pick from the shelf or go to the cabinet?

I do not have enough personal experience to offer advise. Perhaps I should visit and make an experienced decision? I do know enough to clap my hands and tip my brim in your direction this evening. Be advised I am clapping and tipping.

best this evening, Eric -

I don't see a bad choice either way, Jack. Hell, I'd probably start by drinking the marinade. As SBG said, I'm clapping and tipping as well. Enjoy the evening.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
In retrospect tipping my brim sounds not sincere enough. I am going to crack open a Founders beer to salute the choices available H.Jack. Problem is I need to choice between several Founders brews in my beer refrigerator. I have other brewers offerings, but always seem to gravitate back to this brewers offerings.

i-gJN9WGp-M.jpg

The above is not a great pic as it is hard to get a hat and beer pic as fellow imbibers know. ;) Pictured are the Founders brews (r -l) Rubeous (raspberry ale), Devil Dancer (malty beer), KBS (stout in bourbon barrel) , Centenial Ale (floral w/dry haps),Azacca Ale (IPA w/citrus and carmel malt), Porter (creamy black) and Breakfast Stout (oak, chocolate and coffee).

The hat is a vtg. Borsalino Featherweight with a spiffy green leather sweat. Borsalino really did mean feather weight!

I choose.......

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
I do not have enough personal experience to offer advise. Perhaps I should visit and make an experienced decision?
Eric, come south & you can sample about anything but mowed wet grass. I don't serve any wheat beer! There's even a couple quarts of Tennessee White Whiskey in there. Unless you want to kill off a few thousand brain cells that stuff is best served as a mixer!

I used to come up to MN frequently & play pool just south of the river at Shakopee, but mostly at a place north of downtown on the main drag to Columbia Heights, I think. Haven't made that trip now for a couple of yrs.

In retrospect tipping my brim sounds not sincere enough. I am going to crack open a Founders beer to salute the choices available H.Jack. Problem is I need to choice between several Founders brews in my beer refrigerator. I have other brewers offerings, but always seem to gravitate back to this brewers offerings.

i-gJN9WGp-M.jpg

The above is not a great pic as it is hard to get a hat and beer pic as fellow imbibers know. ;) Pictured are the Founders brews (r -l) Rubeous (raspberry ale), Devil Dancer (malty beer), KBS (stout in bourbon barrel) , Centenial Ale (floral w/dry haps),Azacca Ale (IPA w/citrus and carmel malt), Porter (creamy black) and Breakfast Stout (oak, chocolate and coffee).

The hat is a vtg. Borsalino Featherweight with a spiffy green leather sweat. Borsalino really did mean feather weight!

I choose.......

Best, Eric -
I already know I would especially like the KBS Stout, Breakfast Stout & the Porter so I would want to try the Devil Dancer.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

fcpfr5.jpg
Lots of ammo there !!! Getting ready for a Zombie Apocalipse Jack !!!

Old fashioned glass, a shot of Glenlivet slowly sipped while you smell the Porterhouse over the coals slowly getting to just over rare....

Ñomi, ñomi

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

i-gJN9WGp-M.jpg

I choose.......

Best, Eric -
And the winner is...... Breakfast Stout !!

Lots of ammo there !!! Getting ready for a Zombie Apocalipse Jack !!!

Old fashioned glass, a shot of Glenlivet slowly sipped while you smell the Porterhouse over the coals slowly getting to just over rare....

Ñomi, ñomi

You never know when "A Hard Rains Gonna Fall".

Some tasty treats from Bremerton, Wa. Hat courtesy of Garrett, glass Bob, and Anejo from me. A nice collaboration. Oh, and there's a chicken running around there somewhere too

Like the rocks glass also. I look for unique sets of whiskey & shot glasses from the 1950 - 1960's to collect. Never seen a Sinatra before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot